Crafting Materials pick up

Since the crafting materials must be moved to a specific inventory, why don’t they move automatically when we pick them up?
Seems weird to have the main inventory as a buffer and clicking in a button to move them to the right inventory after picking them.

1. Will there ever be auto-pickup for crafting materials?
    We don’t like to say “never”, but our current stance is that this would be a net negative for Last Epoch. The reason being that crafting shards are loot, not currency. The difference being that currency has no individual value: One gold piece is the exact same as any other gold piece. However with shards, there’s rare and desirable shards as there is any other loot such as armor, idols, or jewelry. Having to interact with it gives it meaning, and allows you to see what you get, and appreciate getting rare/desirable shards. One of the biggest things we keep in mind with this is that any changes here are largely a one way road. Regardless of whether adding automation is good for the game’s health or not, players will almost always be happy to be given more automation and power. However if we feel a change has done a disservice to the game, it’s exceptionally hard to go back on without major backlash from the playerbase.

Taken from:

There have been countless threads about this as well.

Sorry, I may not been clear enough. My question is not about auto pickup, but about having to pick up crafting materials, then open the general inventory and then clicking on a button to send them to their inventory.
My expectative would be to pick them manually, but they would move directly to their inventory.

I think, if you pick them up and they “disappear” into some secondary stash/invetory, they feel less like items (which EHG wants to to be) and also that ould confuse new players.

Yeh. I can see that happening. Particularly since the crafting inventory is pretty much a list of shards and other crafting related items.
Still, I believe there could be a way to have both. Maybe making the crafting inventory more “immersive” or having a.configurable option to “auto-move” crafting items.

I actually like clicking on shards to pick them up (but I agree I shouldn’t have to move from one inventory to another). What I REALLY want is to be able to resize the name so it’s easier to clic on it to pick it up

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.