Crafted on an old item - now it is white

This week, I was crafting on an old item that had an affix that is not in the pool for this item anymore, so this affix is neither a prefix, nor a suffix. I added new prefixes with a Rune of Discovery and then began changing one of those with a Rune of Chaos.

The icon changed, but the name of the prefix did not, so I thought that it somehow did not change it and kept on going until it was level four. Then no more crafting potential was left. And the item was white, even though it had/has five affixes (four valid ones and the old one).

There are lots of instances where older items from previous versions of the game have had issues - especially with items from when they changed the protection/resistances, the suffixes/prefix pools & when they changed to the new Forging / crafting system…

If your item was old enough for this to be a possibility then I would chaulk it up to being messed up with the conversion from the versions… Nothing much that the devs could (or in my opinion should) do about this.

I have plenty of older items that have messed up suffixes/dual resistances etc… When I find one in my stash I just shatter it and forget about it… Most dont forge properly anyway.

Obviously if this happened with a newer item then that could be a valid bug that needs addressing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.