Could it be possible to make minions stay after relogging, so we don't have to resummon every time we play?

I’m sorry if this has been asked before. I’m sure it has been, but I can’t find it, tried searching Google AND in this forum.

This is a QoL change that PoE implemented years ago which I really loved. In Last Epoch, I have 21 permanent minions right now on my level 52 Necromancer and it’s such a hassle to keep resummoning them every time I log in. Some of the skills have cooldowns and I don’t even have enough mana to resummon them all and have to wait for that to refill as well.

Also, on a small side note regarding minions: Bone Minions are extremely weak. I saw in another thread someone said maybe because they don’t scale with INT but I only have 3 INT so I doubt that’s my issue. (Maybe I need more INT, but I don’t think it’d make those Bone Minions not suck.)

2 Likes

So while it’s still annoying to have to summon this many minions, I stopped using the 4 bone minions because they suck. But, they didn’t use mana anyway. The 3 skeleton vanguards I have I have to wait until I come in contact with mobs to summon, so that just leaves the other 14 minions. With 120 mana, I didn’t have enough mana to summon them all without running out (and having to wait for it to recharge) but 137 mana is enough (at least since I have to wait for the bone golem’s recharge anyway).

Still, would love to see this QoL feature.

An auto-recast would be optimal. Something like every 2 seconds if I’m missing a minion just recast it.
This would make it impossible to immediately have all the minion back if they all die, but also stop the micromanaging of how many minions are alive at any time.

ATM I spend half of the time looking at the corner of the monitor to see if I need to recast a minion that died.
This is not good gameplay. Let us concentrate on the battlefield, not the UI.

Personally I would love to love this game, but it’s riddled with this mechanically bad decisions and after I play for a couple of days I stop and wait another year to come back and see it’s still as bad as it was.

I’m still level 56, in the campaign, towards the end (I think?) in like level 54 maps-ish. Other than bone minions (which I stopped using because they suck), my minions like literally never die. But I wonder if that’ll become a problem later.

I use skeletal mages and skeletons, they ave 468% increased health, and they mostly take no damage especially because the enemies still target me and not them.

But as soon as any kind of AoE is involved, they get melted because they won’t ever try and get out of it.

Even using the move minions button is useless because they will immediately reposition themselves in the same location to attack the enemy.
This is mostly bad in a boss room.

This reminds me of a game with REALLY good minion combat - chronicon, minion skills would automatically have the minions summoned with a revive cooldown as their PASSIVE, the active skill would make the minions do something cool.

But the real problem with minion combat is not resummoning minions, but that they have bad ai when it comes to picking targets, always attacking the closest target even when there are a dozen other targets not being attacked. They also have VERY poor movespeed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.