Corruption tediousnes

Hey, i am currently with my char on 300plus corruption, it seams my char with present gear can be on 600plus and then the challenge starts. Why im writing this post is couse its painful to collect corruption it just takes to long. So is it possible to make some sort of mechanic that solve this. (i will not give any opinions and ideas on how to do it since I have already given them on feedback section). As well is it possible to give some mechanics that makes challenge for builds that have potential of going on very high corruption until they reached them couse now personaly i feel its very unchallanging and repetative until your char reacheas appropriate level of corruption to be challenged. The main problem here for me is that i lost the will to play this char since i want to try something new but I am no where near hitting wall with it as well its no where near min maxed so i gues i would need like 100 hours more to min max it and reach its limit if i dont brainlessly chase for corruption and ignore all drops that I want from other timeline echoes. Thank for answerimg
What do u guys think would u like something like this or not and why

1 Like

On a very basic level, I agreeā€¦ I would prefer that the nodes to scale Corruption up and down be larger increments to allow for easier scaling without having to do so many normal nodes in the mono tree between each upgrade. It is tedious to churn through ā€œrubbishā€ nodes if you are not running the mono specifically for the blessing farm.

I find that this would definitely be useful on empowered monoliths & perhaps even bonus scaled based on character levelā€¦ i.e. a lvl 100 char could get bonus corruption in 25 or 30 corruption increments vs a level 80 getting them in 10 or 15sā€¦

Normal monoliths corruption scaling <50 should stay as it is.

1 Like

Or u could have system where u are guiding the game and not other way around in a way that u can socket or craft extra challenege and corruption on echoe maps what do u think?

That sounds a little too familiar to the game that should not be mentionedā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

but yesā€¦ it might be good to have something like the Key of Memory/Corruption for Monos tooā€¦ I think this has been discussed before somewhereā€¦

however I have a feeling this might not be something the devs want as it could make players skip to high corruption a little too easily/quickly and might impact on drop rates etc faster than they plan and cause a knock on effect with things like the gear chase and item trades etcā€¦ just guessing hereā€¦

One thing I have realised after hanging around here and playing LE for about a year, is that nothing in this game is usually in isolation and there is inevitably some secondary issue that is involvedā€¦

Haha i know what u mean but i didnt wanna replicate anything with this proposition :slight_smile: i think trade will not be allowable for t6 and 7 so i do not think it will influence trade. But eventually if u want better drops u are gonna reach that high corruption but it doesnt need to be boring until u reach it thats my point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve complained about the slow, unengaging ramp-up in corruption for powerful characters before. It can happen on a fresh main for experienced characters and then especially for alts. Forcing barriers that are boring to cause friction in systems gets away from my interpretation of development goals. Seems like they are paying attention to that such as with the recent catch-up mechanic for other timelines.

I think this is a POE and D3 strength since you can more quickly climb to where your character belongs in content. I am fine with naming other games since learning lessons from them improves the product here, which lots of people acknowledge!! :slight_smile:

Edit: I remember when Greater Rifts were new in Diablo 3. You had to do a proving ground arena encounter to get higher level keys, and even in the arena you had to grind your way up to even enter a greater rift. People hated it, it slowed you down without any real fun purposeā€“it was friction to make playing in the Greater Rift more valuable. Fun factor: not so much

2 Likes

U are right, yes its obvious im refering to POE but this is only couse i love that system much better than this one (by this im refering to only to maps in POE nothing else)

I fully agree with you and now imagine you have to Do that with every alt you will make after the game releases.
I wont do it because I dont have the time and this way I can only play one char per season or ā€œstandardā€ only :frowning:
I think the devs have to share the endgame progress if they wsnt people to play more chars if not it will only be for the no-lifers.

1 Like

Yeah but i would rather see some additional game mechamics that makes u engage with echo web which will smothly solve this problem since they will give u more flavour when u play :slight_smile: but it might be my individual preference since there is not a lot interaction with current web map and u learn all of the mechanics imidiatly and there is nothing different from 100 corruption until 1000 except for absurd amount of time consumed

Edited i would play only one char per league in that case scanario but after 300corruption (cca 50hours invested) endgame even if corruption is fixed it bacame repetative since nothing is new as i mentioned from 100 to 1000.so im searching for the breez of fresh air which i can find only in different build but it should be that endgame is always offering fresh breez of air along with the build that is another problem in this thread. So i guess fixing corruption mechanic by more interactions with map would solve both of this problems at the same time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.