Corruption - long term idea

Currently I feel the system in place doesnt work well long term - if you want to focus on stacking Corruption you must play a single character and a single timeline, the main issue for me really is the timeline.

I am in Spirits of Fire on a character stacking corruption currently. I want to see how far I can go, farm eventually this amulet if possible, however I really want to farm other timelines and maximise blessings but I feel I cannot do anything but remain in Spirits of Fire as my other timelines are at 100 Corruption

My idea is instead of the timeline gaining a permanent corruption you instead earn Corruption as a form of ‘currency’ that can be freely allocated or removed to a timeline to make it as hard/easy as I want (within reason and some rules to this)

For example if I currently have 160 corruption earned in Spirits of Fire I believe I should be able to remove the corruption and then ‘move’ that corruption to Age of Winter while farming another blessing - since the Corruption has generally been ‘earned’ anyway, disregarding Quest Echoes/Boss itself monolith zones are generally the same - essentially in this example I have up to 60 corruption to use

This also removes ‘softlocks’ from players who might get stuck since they could dial back the corruption a bit to be able to continue - and also some ways to prevent some kind of cheesing such as when you kill Shade you reset the monolith and gain Corruption to use - if you decide to change your level of corruption it resets the current monolith stability to 0 (so you cant have low corruption until you find Shade then dial it up, or drop it down just before a boss)

To be clear im only referring to timelines/corruption PER character - I dont think account wide corruption fits the idea of the developers maybe in the future but I feel this is a glaring issue for me at least - being stuck in the same timeline for no reason other than simply having no option feels worse than the opposite of the problem of something being ‘too good’ to do something else

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.