Conversion skills for Mage

Hello, I wanted to report a bug.

The conversion skills seem to be broken on the mage.
When I removed a conversion on the mage, the skill still behaved as though it was converted.

An example is when I converted Lightning Blast to a cold based skill by selecting the “Supercharged Floes” passive.

After I had removed that passive, the skill was still showing cold VFX. I don’t know if it was dealing cold damage. It could be a purely aesthetic problem.

Even when I de-specialized and then re-specialized the skill, the same thing occurred.

This also happened to me when I used Volcanic Orb which was converted to Frozen Orb. In fact, that’s when I first noticed the bug. I noticed when I logged on my mage, Volcanic Orb had been de-specialized, yet, my Volcanic Orb still casted as a Frozen Orb. I don’t even know how the skill was de-specialized to begin with, though. I don’t recall de-specializing it (maybe it’s a related issue).

Anyway, thank you for all of your guys’ hard work. If you guys need any additional information, or screenshots, please let me know. I created a new mage already, but I can try to replicate the issue and take the screenshots.

Sounds like you took the Rune of Winter passive that also converts Lightning Blast & Volcanic Orb to cold.

I hadn’t really experimented with the mage class much. So I could have definitely overlooked that. In fact, I am certain that was the problem.

Well, sorry to waste your guys’ time reading this. It’s not a bug, just user-error.

I’ll request that this comment be deleted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.