Controller Support

I was excited to see people mentioning you can move the cursor with the right stick but it turns out that is not for actual game play because the cursor does not take part in spell aiming when using a controller. I would like to see the ability to move the character with either a joystick or keyboard and move the cursor for aiming spells (either mouse or right stick) so that you can kite and then attack better. This has always been a sore spot for me in a genre that I love so much, either running away OR attacking with the click to move scheme. D4 is going to implement this movement I crave, do you think it will be possible for Last Epoch? I did buy your game last night BTW and I think it is going to be fun!

Jesus ! ewww… I almost throw up

Haha, at the thought of using Joystick or wasd to move?

Throw up twice :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

LoL. I’m quite aware that many people feel that way, and I am very much into all of the nuances of all of the different ways to control games. I’ll play click to move if I really want to play a game where it’s the only option. Like this game I just bought with my hopes dashed after firing it up. Moving with a controller but not aiming spells is way too inferior to even consider, as comfy as it is. Maybe it would work ok on a strictly melee toon, which I will try.

I clearly understand you, and I think you can do it with a G29 or G290.

You move with the cross and aim with the steering wheel.

The pedals are only to adress poinst on attributes

(I’m just laugthing to tears from my idea, i mean i’m too funny)

Now that IS Funny! But seriously, imagine being able to drop a spell behind you without having to stop and turn around and face tank what you are trying to get away from. It causes one to have to run away further to then turn around and drop an ability…After thinking about it more, I think the teleport skill will greatly reduce my frustration with click to move and I’ll be putting a lot of points into that.

WASD works well in Chronicon, and Sacred 2.

Yes. It has been implemented well so I would like to see it more. I almost bought Chronicon instead of this because of the high praise but I’m old and had enough retro graphics to last a lifetime and I’m not turning back. Using a Joystick in the left hand instead of wasd would be better because of increased degrees of movement. There are plenty of devices that will allow joystick in left hand and you can use the mouse still such as the Azeron or logitech g13. This game, same as Grim Dawn and most others , does not allow joystick and mouse to be used together simultaneously and seamlessly, I tried it last night… I would be willing to give up the mouse for the controller right stick and use my XBox controller if they implement better targeting with controller, but moving the cursor with the mouse is much better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.