Connecting to Online Characters bugged

Could you post your Player.Log file from a session where this occurred?

I have also been having this issue except it is only on one character (Asmo). On the other character I log in just fine. The only difference I can think off is on the character with the issue I logged out outside a hub.

Player.log (46.2 KB)
Player-prev.log (166.1 KB)

It looks like restarting steam may have helped.

Player.log (85.3 KB)

Here’s a player log. This time was slightly different. Booted game, clicked “Play Online”. Selected character, hit Enter world. This time, it got past connecting, but instantly went to disconnected. Let me know if I can be of more help, will gladly share more info. And sorry for the delay in responding.

Exact same boat, can not get past enter game from character select. It did work once last night however

This has been happening to me and my friends as well. It seems to occur most often after one of us gets stuck on the zone transition.

When moving from zone to zone, sometimes you don’t get a load screen and are stuck in the prior zone. After this happens, we can’t log back in to the same character right away.

Sometimes though, this happens all on it’s own. Yesterday evening I sat down to play and was unable to log in to ANY of my characters. All of them would get to the ‘connecting’ screen and the message would stay there for a minute or two then disappear and we’d still be on the loading screen.

Player_foreverConnectingFromCharacterScreen.log (48.4 KB)

Attached another for you. This is the original behavior of the timeout. Happens when clicking “Enter World” after selecting my character. Visually, it sits with “Connecting” and eventually that disappears, to which I can try to enter the world again. But it doesn’t get past.

What region are you in? Have you had any success getting in on other characters?

If you have a log from this occurring, could you post it? Also knowing what your region is along with the regions of the people you’re playing with could be helpful.

How can I check region before actually being in the game? I don’t think that displays from the menu I can make it to. I live in central California, so… until I get in to the actual game, I don’t think I can tell you. But, to answer your other question, no luck with other characters either. I can send another log of repeated attempts with different characters… here that is.

Player_repeatedAttempts.log (125.8 KB)

When I make more than one attempt, I see new info in the log. “Error fetching inventory for current player.”

Just knowing your timezone works fine enough. I’ll take a look at this log and pass the info along.

1 Like

We’re all US East. Though, in different states.

Do the logs reset? This happened yesterday but I’m sure I can recreate it today if need be.

Ah, nah, it looks like it only last a couple sessions and I’ve restarted the game many times since then due to another bug I was getting today :slight_smile: I’ll recreate in a few hours and post my log file then.

Yeah the Player.log will show your previous session while the Player-prev.log will show the session prior to that.

Hello, I’m one of the players with Ninjalogic that is having the multiplayer issue. Below are my logs, hopefully they show the information for the issue we are having.

Player-prev - Copy.log (249.2 KB)
Player - Copy.log (235.2 KB)

Thanks for the logs, I’ll add any info found here to where we’re tracking this internally.

I’ve found … an annoying workaround. Using a VPN to connect (Play Online), then disconnecting from the VPN before selecting a character (before Enter World). I’m connecting to another server somewhere in the US. My full steps were to connect and enter world both on the VPN, leave the game, then turn off the VPN, then Enter World again, but I believe it can be shortened.

Why not leave on the VPN, you ask? Because then I get random disconnects as early as every few minutes - probably the VPN provider’s fault, because once I’m in without the VPN, the game is super stable.

Still happening, can’t get in at all online. Character screen says connecting, then it just fails with no message.

Hi this is the same for me in the menu i press enter game and i have the connecting message so long and after it cancel and so i’m in the menu again and again please help us !