Confusion on Swarmblade and Spiked Vespary

Hey back again here trying to wrap my head around some of the skill nodes as it doesn’t seem their tooltips clearly explain what is actually happening in the skills

So i’m trying out Spiked Vespary,
my reading of the descriptions

Your Hives no cast Thorns as if they were Thorn Totems, rather than releasing Locusts. They can cast thorns a limited number of times equal to the number of Locusts they would have released

Now, my reading of that made me assume that they just shoot the Thorns, they do not Become totems, their tags to not change to gain totem, and therefore getting nodes that effect their placement limits etc wouldn’t be worth getting.

But they also lose their Charges, and becomes infinitely castable, which the tooltip doesn’t indicate. Which means they are also taking the totem limit of the Thorns Totem.
If you take Grove Mind, it drops 3 hives at once, so it’s definitely more than just shooting thorns as if they were Thorn Totems as the tooltip provides

So what is going on here? Are they just shooting thorns as if they were Thorns totems?
Are they totems?

is it more similar to the Spriggan Forms Spiked Totems?

Healing totems directly cast from this tree now also shoot thrones. Thorn Totem’s Skill tree, mana cost, cooldown and totem limit also apply to Healing Totems

if it were worded more like that, it would be a lot more clear.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.