Confirmation when using a Glyph of Chaos

Maybe there should be a confirmation prompt when using Glyph of Chaos to avoid accidentally rerolling a good affix just because you’ve already picked that glyph from a previous reroll and then trying to max a good affix.

This is a tricky one. I have done this and chaosed wanted affix rolls and wrecked items in the process.

BUT.

I wouldnt want the game to have this level of handholding and cushioning the fall so to speak. Burn yourself a couple of times and you stop putting your hand in the fire pretty quick.

It already removes glyph of hope when you slot in a rune of shattering so it would only make sense to clear the glyph of chaos after using it. I’ve also screwed up some good items because it’s not instantly obvious which glyph is equipped.

Also, it’s not hand holding. Not like the game is telling you what to do. It’s just a quality of life improvement that would take them zero effort to implement.

They should also remove the confirmation when deleting characters. No more handholding, or cushioning the fall, for people who accidentally click that button, for whatever reason.

It just makes sense to have confirmations for destructive, and irreversible, actions.

1 Like

But what if you accidentally click the confirmation? They clearly need to add a confirmation to the confirmation to make sure you don’t do that. Or maybe a nice friendly helper could pop up to ask if you need help. It could even be in the form of an inoffensive and useful piece of stationery or maths equipment. Maybe a slide-rule or protractor?

Offensive is arbitrary. I say make it as offensive as possible.

1 Like

I see your point, it could have saved a couple of items I accidentally ruined, but on the other hand, it would result in hundreds of extra clicks which I definitely would not want to have to do.

1 Like

Honestly, I used to feel the way you do but now I just clip myself on the back of the head - hardness proportional to the level of the mistake - and move on.

I worry that things like this end up becoming too much - i.e. the game double checks everything you do as if you are child with a parent saying “Are you sure?” .

I dont mind safety ropes when rappelling down a mountainside, but a sign on the stairs saying its slippery when wet is sort of obvious to me and redundant.

This is 100% a personal thing for me. For the purposes of a game, so long as its not hindering the process by adding more clicks to the crafting method then ok.

Nothing ever takes zero effort (sorry, couldnt resist being an arse). As mentioned above, if its implemented, I dont want it to add another click to the crafting process.

Ooooo, maybe I should program it…

I mean, honestly… I don’t really care either way. I’m just playing devil’s advocate here. I have actually preferred it both ways, in different games, for differing reasons. Sometimes, the game isn’t clear on an outcome. Sometimes, the outcome is very severe. Others, like now, the game is not consistent (I have fallen victim to the shatter rune not clearing).

I understand the slippery slope argument, in which case, I’d like to see consistency with the rune/glyphs in the forge UI – either they always clear, or they never clear. Pick one, and go with it.

yeah, this would be good and probably true of a lot of things in LE right now.

I’ve made a suggestion about an alternative way to help with accidentally Glyph of Chaos-ing away an affix you wanted to keep that wouldn’t involve any additional menus.

If you are adding a confirmation box, you need to boost drop rates for wasting players time

not joking either. some people dont have issues with clicking on something 3 times in different areas of a screen then complaining they made an error

2 Likes

+1. No need for it at all.
I have very desperately plays sometimes but I have never miscrafted an important item of mine, and If it happens I could not care less, it will be my error and an important lesson :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.