Community Game Guide

So would “is a specific type of skill that applies some form of ailment (debuff) to enemies for a certain time period” be better?

Thx, made that change.

Yeah…clearly I don’t know how Sarno makes that work for his Patch posts, so I’m just waiting to find that out.

1 Like

Does this rectify the problem?

And yes! I really do mean to put the Adaptive Spell Damage description somewhere. :laughing:

1 Like

Awesome :smiling_imp:

Didn’t want to sound nitpicky, was just the thing that i spotted upon first quick read through^^

Nah, this kind of input is necessary. And when others can edit these posts (such as yourself) it’ll make this game guide even better. :smile:

I wouldn’t personally let @Llama8 touch your posts, he will make everything into throwing shields of proccing smite madness

2 Likes

I’d probably go with that (since Bone Curse isn’t an ailment).

Also, @Heavy’s just jealous.

2 Likes

great work on this! very nice to have a searchable version of this guide for quick reference. i haven’t given it a very thorough reading yet, but the formatting looks great from what i’ve seen so far. thanks for putting in the time and effort!

1 Like

That’s a lot of links. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for creating this resource for the community! I’ve configured the forum to automatically bump it if it hasn’t been posted in for a month, which should help it remain fairly prominent.

7 Likes

Does the forum not allow stickies?

Edit: Or you answered it in the other thread…

A selfish bump for all the newer players out there. :smiley:

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea how I missed this when it was posted in Nov. This is just friggin stellar, @AndrewTilley.

2 Likes

Yeah this is really awesome! Just want to thank @AndrewTilley for this. Great work!!

:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Just added the Rogue class to the Dexterity attribute chapter :wink:
Added a sentence about different affix range values

1 Like

Added Critical Vulnerability to 4.13 Critical Strikes & 4.18 Ailments

1 Like

This is a very impressive post with a massive amount of time invested, have you thought about linking this and updating the Wiki website? The amount of technical knowledge and game guide in this post is certainly under appreciated hidden in a single title line among hundreds of forum post.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. I was recently contacted by fellow forum user Destroyermaker and he has used much of the information found in this thread (which is mostly taken from the in-game Game Guide) as the basis for a newly formed wiki that can be viewed here.

Updating the previous wiki would probably be the ideal thing to do, though it would also be a gargantuan task. There is a lot of information there that I have no idea how to update. I assume it must had been datamined at the time.

However, it’s something I’ll consider possibly doing in the future. In the meantime I’ll continue to add this thread and keep it up-to-date with any patch changes.

I think the forum should get a designated “community effort” section, where stuff like this is very well placed, together with tons of other stuff, content creators or community members did.

I suggested this already here.

This suggestion was mainly due to the new forum restrictions, which makes keeping posts up to date impossible.

Updated with all content changes made to the in-game Game Guide for patch 0.8.1. I also fixed some minor mistakes, and added updated images where necessary.

3 Likes

Hi and thx for the great guide.

Few questions:

• in 5.3 you wrote

so does it mean that the example skill will continue to ignite even after it’s damage converted from fire?

• In 5.4

If you had “+10 spell fire damage” from your passives, 12.5 fire damage would be added to Fireball, while 60 fire damage would be added to Meteor.

So the “+spell damage” always go in percents or there’s a typo?

1 Like