Community Game Guide

Can you please Upload an updated Version as a PDF so i can download it to my computer.

And thank you very very much for your work.

Thanks for the kind words. I’ll be updating this resource fairly shortly – likely a few days after patch 0.8.3 releases – but I would personally prefer not to have to update two separate versions of it every patch cycle. Sorry, I doubt it’s something I’ll do.

Though, you can always copy & paste it contents into a text file, or similar, if you really need it to be accessible offline.

True, good idea!

CGG is now up-to-date with all game guide changes (as of patch 0.8.3e) – though it’s technically been up-to-date since patch 0.8.3c. However, I did add some additional content this patch cycle:

• Health Leech section received some additional examples for the various health leech modifiers that can be found in-game to provide further clarity about them.
  • Healing Effectiveness section added to Combat Mechanics.
  • DoT Scaling Example section added to Ailments to give a thorough example of how to scale damage over time builds.
  • Timeline Exclusive Rewards section added to Monolith of Fate to detail the type of various rewards specific to each timeline – not the actual rewards themselves.
  • And other smaller additions to some sections.

Thanks to @Heavy and @Llama8 for reviewing and providing feedback on the Health Leech, Healing Effectiveness, and DoT Scaling Example section additions.

Thanks to @Aschere for the exceptionally detailed DoT Paladin caster build that provided the general inspiration and foundation for the DoT Scaling Example.

If you find an error in the CGG please don’t hesitate to report (or fix) it.

3 Likes

Keep rolling Andrew.

You are doing true dedicated work here.

It’s like the devs giving as all the functionalities and you are the devoted scholar trying to study it and giving those informations out in an as much accessable way as possible for everyone to use!

1 Like

Outstanding Guide Andrew! This is exactly what I was looking for to help me. I am a hardcore player and really want to dig into the game mechanics to try and learn them.

1 Like

Has any mechanic changed after Eternal Legends?

I generally like to wait a week or two (for hotfixes) before updating everything, but my initial thoughts are that the following will need to be updated or added:

• the majority of the Crafting section
  • Items - Rarity section and a Legendary item description/explanation
  • Dungeons
  • Eternity Cache
  • several images
  • possibly some other sections I’ve been working on – though these might come later
  • and whatever changes I find after reading through everything again while checking the in-game Game Guide (as well as additions that aren’t included in the Game Guide)

I don’t assume there’s many or any changes outside of those, but I also haven’t read the updated Game Guide to be completely sure.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

All patch changes have been updated and several sections added.

Added Sections

Updated Sections - significant changes

Updated Sections - minor changes

If you find an error in the CGG please don’t hesitate to report (or fix) it. Also, if you have any suggestions to improve this resource please let me know. I have a few more additions I’m still working on, but they’re not quite ready yet.

5 Likes

Added a new section focused solely on Enemies, and two sub-sections within General Information.

If you find an error in the CGG please don’t hesitate to report (or fix) it. Also, if you have any suggestions to improve this resource or additional Helpful Resources please let me know.

2 Likes

All patch changes have been updated, some sections added, and images updated or added where needed. Most of the in-game GG changes were made shortly after all hotfixes were complete, but I became quite busy/distracted afterwards so only recently updated the sections of this guide that I created. Sorry for the long delay.

Added Sections

• Skills
  • Combat Mechanics
    • 5.23 Reflect Damage - provides a detailed description of what it is and how it works (thanks to lead developer Trasochi)
  • Dungeons
    • 8.7 Campaign Skips - details what areas of the campaign that each dungeon can currently skip
  • Arena
    • 10.2 Arena of Champions - describes this new mode of the Arena
    • 10.3 Endless Arena - moved info describing previous Arena to this section as it’s basically the same, though there are some slight differences

Updated Sections - significant changes

Updated Sections - minor changes

• General Info
  • Combat Mechanics
    • 5.6 Armour - updated armour formula to reflect changes made to it but not yet updated in the in-game GG, as discussed by a developer here on the LE discord.
    • 5.13 Critical Strikes - added that both critical strike chance and critical strike avoidance cap at 100% with no additional benefit afterwards.
  • Ailments
  • Enemies
    • 7.1 Rarity - included the additional dungeon keys that can drop from Rare and Boss enemies
    • 7.4 Modifiers - updated the endgame modifiers for Arena
  • Arena
  • Monolith of Fate

If you find an error in the CGG please don’t hesitate to report (or fix) it. Also, if you have any suggestions to improve this resource or additional Helpful Resources please let me know.

5 Likes

Love You :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Haha, thanks man. I recently visited your LE website to see what’s new and it’s looking really good. That basics guide is quite impressive and I imagine it was a lot of work. If the remaining guides you have lined up are of similar quality it’ll certainly offer the community another great resource to learn about the game. I’m also a bit jealous of those ultrawide screen captures. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks mate!

I try to compile the important information that a new player should know without going to deep into details so that it doesn’t get overwhelming.

The ultrawide screen caps are non optimal. It looks ok on a normal pc screen and is also kind of stylish. But it also makes it harder so see everything as it is kind of zoomed out. On mobile the visibility is not very good, unfortunately.

I haven’t found a way to capture in 16:9, yet. I can run LE in window mode and align it to one half of the screen to have it in 16:9. But when I then capture the screen, it captures the whole screen not only the LE side.

So I think I will keep it as it is currently and have that outstanding look :laughing:

1 Like

Very minor note as you may be considering updates in the near future - you mentioned that Arena keys can be right-clicked, but you did not mention that Dungeon keys can also be right-clicked :slight_smile:

Thanks for the awesome resource Andrew :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely, good catch. I’ll be sure to add that. Thanks.

As an aside to everyone who frequents this resource, it will likely take some time to update it after patch 0.9 releases. Also, I plan to add even further info to it – which will come afterwards. Thanks for your patience. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Is game guide keeping up to date? really need this to overall reading.

There were no real big news the last months since 090 release.
Only couple of teasers.

oh well, thx :laughing: