Community Designed Unique: Item Theme

Rat City Unique

‘Focus’ becomes a toggle skill. While toggled on, you are inflicted with Time Rot every second. This self-inflicted Time Rot increases in frequency (+10%) every second.

Could also have some other basic standard stuff.

I feel like this goes to show the holding out as much as possible, but still falling to the Void over time. It also specifies this item to Mages and doesn’t just make this another item that Void Knights abuse.

I don’t want a unique designed for mages to not get used by mages but another class that is better at the damage type.

1 Like

Although the ideas of “Last Refuge” being nice and giving more Void resist, shouldn’t it be the other way around? The refuge fell to the void, so probably it could mean we have lower void resistance but in turn we gain another boost (skills, stats, whatever) as a “desperate attempt to survive”?

And of course maybe some elemental damage conversion to void damage, representing mankind failure to survive and being converted to void-like creatures like some were during the campaing?

Kinda wanna change my vote now that I see it’s between Ele and Rat, cuz a Mage with an Ele spear feels too on the nose…

I’d personally like to see something akin to a clock hand that’s been tainted by void tendrils, maybe something that corrupts damaging elemental ailments into time rot and plays with that.

Come on people, tri-ele spear would be so good with all the weird tri element stuff in both base tree and ele nova tree

1 Like

Have it synergize with Scurry helm, since squirrels are just cute(r) rats.

For the love of Eterra, pls don’t.

I also want an interesting and powerful item, but let it be normal and without perversions and memes.

So, PLEASE, no rats (or pets in general), nor void spell damage cancer, nor bleeds, nor poison.

Just a normal Mage item. I mean we didn’t have a good playable item in ages. While Necros/Liches literally get 2-3 items each patch. This feels really unfair.

4 Likes

People still play mages? Weren’t they all tossed in the dustbin when static orb got beat to shit with the Nerf Bat™?

Wasn’t there a dev update a while back about Mages just being removed, so they could focus all resources on making Sentinel and Primalist more OP?

1 Like

Well, I still play my version of Static Orb, although it never involved orbit nodes and other stuff that was nerfed.
There are other quite strong builds for Static Orb too, and then there’s the old-good NovaBoy by FoE.

So it’s not like Mage is not viable – it’s just SUPER STALE at this point. Aside from (nerfed) S.Orb and Snowdrifts frostbite the Mage meta didn’t change in years. Which is sad and which is why I personally don’t play the game that often nowdays.

Have you tried Scales of Eterra or Focal Blast Lightning Blast. Those are 2 that i just started playing around with and they are actual the furthest ive taken any character (partly due to the corruption changes).

1 Like