Combat Logs II

I asked a question today on the Twitch feed about combat logs… Thank you for answering!

It occurred to me later that I don’t need to know what killed me (the game tells you already). I want to know what ‘almost’ killed me.

I think the “what killed you” sometimes can be a bit misleading.

Often times you get maybe 2 or 3 or even more hits in quick succession and then the"last" hit might not even be the thing that was the “worst” thing that hit you.

So having some sort of death recap with the last X sources of incoming damage would be nice.

1 Like

Yeah, coming from an mmo background, the final hit was rarely what killed you, it was usually the preceding few seconds of chunky hits that took ~90% of your life that you should have avoided/dealt with better rather than the final hit.

1 Like

Death combat log - last 5 to 10 hits with damage and damage type - Would be great - even a simple overwritten text file saved to the last epoch appdata folder on death would be great - no need for trying to squeeze it into the UI somewhere.

Dummy combat log - last 10-20 hits or so - Would be great - again, an overwritten logfile in the last epoch appdata folder is all that is needed… No need for UI integration.

Obviously with a toggle in Settings to enable or disable this feature for those who want it.

Not sure on the impact of game performance, but considering that the game is already storing at least the last 4 seconds of interaction for normal play calculations, its probably got most of this info readily available.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.