Cold Penetration with Frostbite Affix

I’m probably reading it right, but just in case:

That means Frostbite Damage has Penetration, right?

Or is it a monster sleeper Affix and Frostbite gives me Cold Penetration to everything else?

Not such an easily answered question.

Without looking into it I would say yes, since penetration reduces resistances and Frostbite is a cold DoT it should do more damage.

Then again, looking at PoE, they made things too complicated and consider DoTs their own type of damage…

Setting up a new loot filter I noticed the “cold penetration with frostbite” modifier, which puts in question whether frostbite is considered its own type of damage.

“Cold Penetration with Frostbite” means the Frostbite damage will receive resist Pen, yes.

And the Sum of all X Resistance Penetration is basically a more modifier, as enemies have baseline 0% resistance.

Alright, at least I wasn’t reading that wrong and missing out on a godlike Affix.

Makes sense, it’s basically how they accounted for DoTs not benefitting from Crits, giving them high base Penetration to remain competitive versus Crit builds.

Thanks mate.

No, it’s a very easily answered question. That affix does what it says on the tin, it gives your frostbite stacks cold resist penetration.

Not really. DoTs scale differently to crts, the scale woth application chance and hit rate as well as % damage modifiers.

Doesn’t exactly change the fact that it’s how they accounted for Crits being vastly superior to DoTs. They had to give Frostbite a godlike damage multiplier.

If I press the mouse once and the screen vanishes, and you need to press it once and wait 3 seconds, or press 10 times to go as fast as me, I (as Crit) am at a very clear advantage. Give DoTs a massive Resist Penetration, maybe they can also clear in just one click in the same time as Crit.