CoF 9 - something about boss uniques

So we all know sets are nigh useless and that that may change. I hope we don’t get into a D3 situation where full sets become mandatory, but D2 LoD had a nice concept when items got two kinds of set bonuses, one tied to the item, like Sigon’s gloves getting attack speed when wearing another Sigon item and one normal bonus for equipping any two pieces.

However, that wasn’t my intended topic, I wanted to combine two old ideas here:

Get rid off a useless bonus and change it for the one thing we lack the most: better odds at getting boss items, maybe as simple as: Monolith and dungeon bosses (could add exile mages) drop twice - to the effect that you could get the same unique twice with different rolls.

1 Like

mandatory for a specific build, yes… mandatory in general, no.
some builds were created without a single set item because of stats/bonuses on individual items, and improved even further with rings that gave you more damage and damage reduction for every non-set item equipped.

its like saying, ‘i want to use this build, but i dont want to use the items that make the build work better’, or ‘give me the same benefit, but make it require less items’

either, they are “useless” because uniques are stronger/providing more stats, or they are “mandatory” to make specific builds better.

the whole idea behind set items is to give you more stats when using a specific build.

the reason they are currently pretty much useless, is because they lack in stats and there is currently no way to improve them.

i am sure that, if they gave set items LP with an increased chance to get LP4, they would be in a lot of builds, purely because people could improve them and get their stats/bonuses.

are you saying, basically turn them into just an ordinary unique, with
x% increased/more boss drops/rarity?
and/or
boss drops are doubled?

or do you mean still keep them as set items but change the bonuses to
x% increased/more boss drops/rarity?
and/or
boss drops are doubled?

your suggestion is very confusing

If they want to avoid sets, give us an optional to fully or mostly control the RNG on weavers will items, and boost the probability massively.

20K prophecy: weavers will 20+
40K Prophecy: Weavers will 24+
120K Prophecy: Weavers will 26
1M Prophecy: Weavers will 28

Socket of Will: [300K prophecy purchase] Allows you to choose which affix to learn on a level up, and will be guaranteed to receive all upgrades up to max T7

*** Can only use 2 sockets per weavers will item. Problem with sets solved.

this is the perfect suggestion to go with the theme of negative LP4 chances… i would love to see you get more than 999999 favor, since thats a hard cap. (i know because thats where i have been sitting)

i hardly even use prophecies because going to towns break the game with how it disables everything, skills dont load properly when you leave (i got tired of respec’ing).

reworked sets are coming soon. currently in the pipeline.

1 Like

By ignoring sets?

Not going to happen.

He wants to replace the rank 9 reward with one that affects boss drops instead of sets. Though adding it to the current bonus would, IMO, be a better choice.

Yes please I don’t understand why rank 9 is sets either. Makes no sense when they are so underpowered.

i know. i just used it as an example.

ah, yes… now it makes sense.

i have a feeling that they will change it anyway, when they give us the reworked sets, depending on how powerful they are.

sets are being reworked. this may become a non-issue depending on what they are changed to and how many duplicates you will want.