Cloud Save for loot filters? (Maybe a suggestion)

I play on my home PC and on GeforceNow on my chromebook. I loaded a filter on my PC, but I don’t think it loaded in when I played on GFN. Is there an option to save that using Steam’s cloudsave? If not, I would like to make that suggestion.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Is your character an online or offline character?

It doesn’t matter because the loot filters are all saved on your machine.

I play with online characters.

That’s the issue. When I play using GeforceNow, I’m playing using their machines. I was thinking that if it uses Steam cloud save, I could access my filters wherever I play. And it would also be convenient for others who play on multiple machines or need to reinstall, etc.

2 Likes

It’s also a quite annoying issue if you are using a Steamdeck. I usually play on PC, but sometimes I like to join my wife on the couch and just play some brain afk build on the deck. Having to recreate the filters is quite annoying and fiddly on it…

3 Likes

I’m playing thru geforce now on Xbox so I’m just hosed for loot filters, I made a great one with my wife then I even tried opening up an edge link with the pastebin to copy it but last epoch on geforce won’t recognize it, tried taking a link directly from a Raxx video on YouTube and that didn’t work either. Gotta make it completely from scratch again. So tedious with how long it takes and now having to do it multiple times.

EDIT!! I FOUND A WAY TO DO IT.

When in geforce now, press Shift+tab to open the steam interface, click on a friend’s name and send them the url of the pastebin. You have to manually write it out and get it right.

Once you send it you can click on it, then select all, copy, go back to Last Epoch and you can add it.

I have the same problem, I play on the computer and on Steam Deck, it would be nice to have the filter saved in the account. Today, if I make a change to the filter I need to keep updating it in other places, it’s a bit annoying to do this often.

Until cloud-saved filters are a thing what I did was ssh to my steamdeck from my desktop and copy the lootfilter files to the right directory.
If on a windows PC I am not sure but the folder should be something like c:/users/<username>/AppData/LocalLow/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Filters
and on your steamdeck the destination folder is:
if playing through proton:
~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/899770/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/LocalLow/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Filters
or if using the native client:
~/.config/unity3d/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Filters
You might have to enable the ssh service first on the steamdeck:
sudo systemctl start sshd