Classes and Genders Suggestions

EHG is already considering it.
They already said they would like to do it.

It’s just not feasible with their curret 1.0 Scope and Priorities and most importantly available ressources.

I am almost certain it will eventually come, with how they spoke about it already.
(Especially in the thread I refered to in my first post here)

I’m definitely in the “I don’t really care about my character’s gender” camp (& I’m aware that that cuts both ways in the gendered character discussion), I would generally play as female given the chance (since I don’t personally identify with the character as an extension of myself) but don’t have any problems at all playing the male classes.

I’d imagine that if a person did have issues playing a particular gender, for whatever reason, that they would be the ones most likely to change a character’s gender to their preferred one & I’d assume that that would be most likely to be a one time thing (to align all of their characters to their preferred gender, or to the gender that the player perceives that that class aligns “best” with).

TLDR: If you’re going to add the ability to make a specific class of either gender (male/female Sentinel/etc), then you might as well allow the player’s existing characters to be changed since the “but the class is a specific individual of a specific gender” argument would no longer hold at that point.

But I didn’t refer to that. With develop each character I’m refering to add more phrases to each character with his own personality (like PoE have) and improve his cutscenes, along with other things. This doesn’t mean should be an high priority right now of course. In a future maybe.

It all takes resources though, be that developers time or money to outsource the work (voice overs, maybe cutscenes, etc). So while you may not have referred to what Shrukn was talking about directly, they are related (what EHG use their limited resources to do at any given time).

If this game grow (and keep going in the right way), the company will do, so I don’t think it will be a big problem like can be right now. But as I say, is not something of high priority. Of course If I have the choice, I prefer the focus on more endgame systems (they will come), more crafting systems (or expand the actual one), more valuable loot, bosses, make the gold valuable (“gold sinks”), etc and etc…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.