Class specific idols with other class requirement question

Hi. I have been collecting idols and have recently made a second character. Most of the idols I have for like Rogue or Primalist or whichever now also have a tag of “required Acolyte rank blah.” I am assuming that this means they are garbage because obviously my new rogue can’t use an idol with an Acolyte requirement, even if it is a rogue class only idol. So do I sell all my idols that are like this? Also, is this how it was intended to be? It seems to me there is no reason for idols to drop with this set-up of requirements, yet I have many. I feel like I am missing something obvious…

Can you link an image to the idol in here because based on what I think you’re saying that is really strange.? Class idols don’t ‘crossover’ in anyway. If it’s a Rogue idol it’ll only have general or rogue affixes on it. If it’s an Acolyte idol, same thing and so on for all the other classes.

Also, what faction are you in. Some items will drop with a faction tag that only lets you equip it if you’re in that faction. But it should not say Acolyte it should be the name of the faction.

If it is indeed like that it’s definitely a bug.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. You are right, I misunderstood the faction tag and thought it meant acolyte. Since my second character was going to be the other faction, that explains it. And the rank thing too. It was obvious after all.

1 Like