Chronomancer julra T4 made me stop play the game

Some builds are just not good bossing builds. Either lacking single target damage, defenses or mobility. Or all of the above. T4 Julra can be done with any build, but some builds will just facetank and nuke it, while others will have to be very careful with no margin for error.

If you could take her down to 19% after multiple tries - you can surely do it. Sounds like your build can do it, you just need to practice the mechanics.

I was doing her on a melee build and she refused to move from the 4-way spinny thing. I couldn’t get close enough to hit her without dying so I was just a headless chicken until she decided to switch phases…

1 Like

Yeah, fights that land AOE in melee range, then have bosses that don’t move is pretty stupid.

1 Like

yeah… having to make alts to make legendaries is a litle wacky :smiley:

1 Like

I did her with the OP marksman trapper build. I would NOT want to do julra with my
current bladedancer, which “jumps” around and shifts to regain mana.
Some builds are just better for bossing.

2 Likes

The build that circumvents the entire boss is better for bossing? No way! Go figure!

God forbid, a boss fight actually require you actually have to fight the boss.

The AOE lands wherever you stand after Julra finishes channeling it. All you have to do is move away as she channels it. You can see the abilities pretty clearly here:

My runemaster can pretty much face tank her if I dont stand in the pools, but they are a clear pain for melee classes w/o shields. Lets get some forge guard videos in here if you want to impress :wink:

1 Like

No problem, here’s a Forge Guard :smiley:

1 Like

I get chills watching this (in a bad way lol). Julra PTSD. Making a probably bad legendary item should not take this much work. I know mine miss slams quite a bit.

These vids are still relatively fast kills. I consider 2 min kills at T4 the norm. After all, there are gamers that fight Julra for over 10 minutes :sweat:

Dude, majority of unique items only need T3 Julra or lower. Not many that require T4 Julra.

1 Like

Vessel of strife

T4 Julra is nothing compared to high corruption version of other bosses. She cannot scale any further than she currently does. This makes her somewhat easy.

That said, she is harder for some builds than others. As it should be. Not all builds are suitable for boss killing.

Indeed. I refuse to believe that any build using (and abusing) Healing Hands could die to Julra. Just not possible. Simple mathematical proof of this:

Press RMB for 5k ward > T4 Julra

Devs, please do not nerf Julra, the game already lacks challenge and there is no need.

3 Likes

Best post of the day. Sign of the times, sadly.

Similar to the chant of “I do not have a 3LP Twisted Heart, the loot in this game is broken!!”

Not to mention you only need one char that can beat her and you can use that to do all your forging. Just make a new Alt using a build that is known to destroy her.

4 Likes

Making a build that can only damage things in melee range is equally stupid.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

I hate melee. Never play melee.

Play Spellblade. Use Melee attack that deals damage from a distance. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That’s cheating.

Clever use of game mechanics. :smirk:

1 Like

I wonder… from your account name, did you play Phantasy Star Online back in the day?