Choosing the 'future' on Fall of the Outcasts quest echo

Why is it that when we choose the ‘future’ on the final quest echo of Fall of the Outcasts monolith, the next monolith is set on divine era where Rahyeh is still alive (and void corrupted)?Shouldn’t picking ‘future’ point to the ruined era? Can some lore expert enlighten me please. Thanks

They are not real timelines, they are alternate timelines. Something that could be and not that is. So it does not have to be fully consistent with the story.
(I guess so)

2 Likes

That & the monoliths are self-contained “stories” rather than a branching choose your own adventure that you explore by making choices.

Each monolith takes the campaign from LE & changes one or two events to have different outcomes, such as Rahyeh being killed by Heorot, or the Gods being killed by the dragons.

1 Like

A “what if” twist.

2 Likes

The Black Sun MoF is actually in the Ruined Era. The Void didn’t appear until the Imperial Era was in full swing. Rahyeh was originally killed by the Immortal Emperor, along with the other gods. which signalled the end of the Divine Era. Now in the Ruined Era Fallen Osprix Cultists are working together with the creatures of the void to ressurect Rahyeh.

So choosing the “future” is technically correct :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last Epoch meets Black Mirror.

Never watched it.
I watch very few shows, in fact. And I’m still late with the latest season of the Doctor, btw.

Well, it’s better than the preceding season but that’s not saying much. And what they did to the established lore in the final episode does not bear mentioning!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.