Chat filters

Love the game, needs ALOT of polishing and work on endgame… that being said, what in the hell is up with the chat filter, i cant type “not really” without it being flagged against your code of conduct? What I and I feel alot of people would like is an unrestricted chat channel without bs undefined rules for how and what you can say in game, i get it if youre bashing other players or just in general being an A hole, but seriously? Is everyone on the internet 5? Do we really have to be monitored like this? I hope things change for the better with this game, it has a lot of potential, but for now I am just done.

I think if I saw the phrase “not really” filtered I would file a bug report rather than come bitch on the forums and ragequit the game, but you do you.

This is the silliest ass thread I’ve read this month. You’re going to quit playing a game you love to play because of something as dumb and totally irrelevant to gameplay as the chat filter sometimes being wonky? And you’re using chat filters sometimes being wonky as a jumping off point for a weird, “Sir This is a Wendy’s” rant about censorship and people being 5 that definitely doesn’t sound like it was written by a 5 year old?

Tell us you’re toxic without telling us. Bye!

ppl are complaining about this thread however the chat filter is indeed trash and should be fixed. i have been saying this for a while now, we cant really have a proper conversation without having to constantly type the same message a few times, changing some words because the filter fucks up your message

I dont know how it is in other languages (seems to be shit as well) but for portuguese at least, its gotta be the worst chat filter ever and it is annoying, its not a bug for a “not really”, it happens to a lot of common words

now the game has so many problems (check the thread interesting decline of players) that we think we could at least talk in the chat to spend some time or invite someone to farm together, but well, it just doesnt work well enough

not a game breaking thing, we could always use discord, thats not a reason to stop playing if you dont fell bored at the game, but, hey, you have a game and you cant even chat in it? not cool…

They paid for a nanny algorithm and restricted list and this is the result.
It’s extremely frustrating but doing all that from scratch is really hard.

All they need to do to solve this is let US decide whether we want to see the chat filtered by the nanny.
(By the way, WE DON’T)

i agree, a simple solution would be to let us choose between having a filter at all instead of that useless profanity filter option

that way, we can actually send messages and if people has the filter enabled they just wont receive the messages

1 Like