Chat appears even when I tick Disable Chat

This happens recently, I think patch 0.9g or 0.9g2
Everytime I enter game, I have to manually untick the 3 checkboxes: Public, Direct, Party. I already have Disable Chat enabled for very long and it didn’t have issue before.

4 Likes

Same for me, every time I login to online my chat is still disabled but all channels are activated and I see messages:

I need to untick them all or enable and then disable chat again to fix it.

1 Like

I confirm, I have to update the checkboxes

1 Like

Still happening.

3 Likes

Same here. Chat disabled, offline mode, still getting messages.

1 Like

On top of this, it’s now resetting every single zone.

4 Likes

Yes. This is incredibly frustrating. I keep sending messages to Global instead of my party\private whispers.

1 Like

Sometimes chat resets multiple times in the same zone for me - I haven’t been able to pin down a consistent timing for when this happens, but it’s usually in towns that it happens more regularly. I’ve had chat reset on me while I was typing a whisper to a friend, where it was then sent to the Global chat instead.

Every time it happens though, I’ve noticed the system message “You have joined the /town chat” accompany it. This is on update 0.9.1 and the hotfix 0.9.1b - it didn’t occur the day before the Rising Flames patch for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.