Character deleted after crash

My Lich is missing after i restarted after a pc freeze. Any chance of getting it back?
I see there is a workaround method of using offline backups. How to do that?
Should I stop making chars till a permanent solution is available? If so, by when?

The save files are saved in a “Save” subdirectory of the location the log files are saved in:

https://support.lastepochgame.com/article/108-the-launchers-log-files

0.7.7 intruduced a backup, so you could see if that is viable.

LE can bork the saves if it crashes while saving but they’re working on it. There’s not any reason to not carry on playing.

Hi Arakthunder,
Thanks Llama8, that’s great info. All I would add is just to clear up one thing. The primary save for your characters are offline already. We do use steam cloud as a backup but the main saves are local so you can access those already.

They can be found here: (if you are on windows)
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

We have significant upgrades coming to the saving systems next patch later this month that will stop this from happening on a crash. We also have fixes for several known causes of crashes coming with that same patch. So, hopefully you won’t crash anywhere near as often but if you do, the saves won’t get lost.

Thanks for the quick reply. I found my saves in above folder and can see character 3. But kindly advice how to make steam pick it up. Do I need to copy it elsewhere?Player.log (16.8 KB)

If you remove the “_temp” from the file name the game should use them. But it’s probably a good idea to take a quick copy of them just in case.

No good.
Once i load the game, the files in “C:\Users\admin\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves” gets over written. I tried doing as you suggested, but it looks like the game isn’t loading from this folder but from elsewhere.
I even deleted the folder contents and started the game. It got promptly filled.

If you played before patch 0.7.7, then you will have save information in your registry that it will grab if it doesn’t find save info in that save folder.

If you want it to use steam cloud to save I think you have to turn it on in steam under the preferences for Epoch.

I started playing a week back. Assuming it was stil 0.7.7f
Am I to assume the char is corrupted and cannot be recovered?

Yes, I’m sorry but we probably can’t recover the data.

This is has been a really tough few weeks. I don’t think we’ve had a save bug this bad before and I’m finding it quite hard to tell people that their stuff is gone.

The only ray of sunshine that I can offer would be that fixes for both the crashes and the save corruption are arriving soon.

Okay, thx for the update. /cheers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.