Character being deleated

For the last few days i have created a new avatar and every time i log back in my new avatar was deleted
I created a Acolyte and a primalist and each time i log out the normal post came up saying your avatar will be save etc. log back in with no problem and the avatar had been deleted.
All of this occur with a new avatar scared to try on my higher level avatar

Welcome to the forum…

There are three possible causes of what you describe - at least that I have seen…

Firstly, if you have a corrupted savegame it will prevent newer saves from happening - i.e. you can create a new character, play perfectly fine but when you shutdown and restart the character is gone… If ANY savegame is corrupted, it causes this issue.

Secondly, if you are using Steam Cloud saves and Steam messes up the syncing process (i.e. it keeps resetting files rather than updating them or only half sync’d due to not shutting down properly or a network issue, then you can sometimes get an instance where a savegame is overwritten or removed by mistake… This is especially possible when using Steam on more than one machine and Steam messes up syncing between two systems.

Lastly, if you have a messed up install then it can obviously affect any part of the game depending on what part of the install is corrupted.

Things to do:

1. If you post your player.log file, its usually easy find a debug message indicating what exact savegame is having a problem… Not always, but usually. Simply removing the offending save usually solves the problem immediately.

2. Another approach - If you backup and remove all savegame files and then start the game, create a quick test character, play for a bit, then exit the game properly… If the character is still there when you restart the game, then this would definitely suggest that one of your saves is messed up… The trick then, is to add back the savegames one by one testing as you go to see which may have been the problem one… Warning, this takes time obviously, but its VERY important that your disable Steam Cloud saves when doing this else Steam will override what you are trying to test.

3. If you are using Steam, you should run the Game File Verification option to ensure that your installation of LE is ok.

4. Steam Cloud… Its very important that once you resolve the issue and want to continue using Steam Cloud, you MUST make sure that Steam Cloud resyncs with LOCAL files taking priority - else steam will just copy its older corrupted savegames back to the machine and the problem will happen all over again.

Side note: EHG has no access to your savegames - everything is local to your machine so unles you made backups manually, there is no way to restore a corrupted file.

All LE saves are in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games on Windows.