Chapter awareness on the map

Even though I have played the campaign a lot, I sometimes find myself struggling to have a clear view of where chapters are on the map. This can cause misunderstandings and confusion between players when talking about specific parts of the campaign.

I think this is due to some issues related to the ui & the complexity of having the time switching mechanic.

Here are the issues I found in the UI :

• No mention of which chapter we are currently in on the map, it’s only mentioned when pressing escape. In most arpg I’ve played, you can clearly see it on the map.

• No way to know which chapter an area corresponds to. You can see which areas you have explored, as they have waypoints unlocked, but that’s it. What if you want to know which areas chapter 3 contains, when you are already in chapter 9 ?

To me it feels like there is a conflict between eras and chapters as their functions overlap on the UI. If LE didn’t have the time switching concept, eras would just have been called chapters or acts. It’s a tricky thing to get right as LE is the only arpg doing that.

I remember the game chrono trigger that had a time switching aspect, but it was different in that case as we could control our character on the map.

Let me know what you think

4 Likes

I know what you mean and I don’t disagree, but on the other hand it doesn’t really matter. Now that you can click on the quest name and the map will go to the relevant zone you don’t really need to remember where you were when you left off last time you played.

1 Like

Good point ! It’s not super important as long as you have a way to know where to go.
I just don’t know what they want to do with chapters as i feel they add more confusion than anything currently.

also good point. i’ve nearly played a thousend hours of LE but plz don’t ask what happened on chapter 5 (or any other except 1 and 9)

Yes, this lack of introduction between Act feel bad.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.