Chapter 1

So, just finished playing through the shiny new chapter 1.
Some thoughts in random order…

• Finally, no pointless nametag hanging over me like a Damocles sword! Happy days, I might consider playing online again someday.

• But please, please fix this chat. The addition of town chat has made it even harder to disable everything, it keeps coming back each time I am near a town. Painful.

• Overall, great work on this chapter! Story makes a lot more sense, a proper introduction. Graphics improvement are also huge, from scenery to characters and gear models. Great steps! And it is much longer than it used to, which to me is a good thing.

• I especially appreciate the addition of some flavour texts here and there! This is extremely important in any game for immersion and giving players a reason to explore a bit more. Great addition, more of these all through the campaign please! (And they are fully voiced, that’s just luxury!)
    [Speaking of flavour texts, what do you guys make of the secret area in the Storeroom? Cryptic text, think it’s a reference to something?]

• The difficulty also seems a lot better. It isn’t hard of course, a first chapter shouldn’t be, but it is possible to get hurt and die if not paying attention. In the previous version you really had to try very hard if you wanted to die.

• I only found one unique in the chapter, much more reasonable and meaningful than the rain of uniques I experienced last time. Don’t know if it is just rng of if rates have been tweaked, but it did feel a lot better.

• Small detail, my map indicates a waypoint in the Fortress Gardens, but I can’t find it? Mistake on the map or is it hidden somewhere?

Conclusion, yes, a very positive first impression. And as they say, you only get one chance to make a first impression, so I believe this was an important step for the game.
Be careful though, the more you get people interested in the story, the more obvious its incomplete state will be! Better bring us these misisng chapters soon! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haven’t looked at the cosmetic shop, I probably won’t until I get my backpack anyway, if the first one is bugged spending money to try some others is playful.

2 Likes