Changes to two Sentinal skills

My thoughts and opinions on 2 sentinal skills that I think could use a little TLC. Obviously these are my opinions and I haven’t included any changes to pathing on skill trees because i’m too lazy to use photoshop but some pathing changes would be needed on Vengeance in particular. And for a little background, i’ve played this game for roughly 200 hours and pretty much all of that has been on Sentinal.

Vengeance: My 2 main issues with this skill were the “On Kill” nodes as I believe “On Kill” effects on skills just suck as they become worthless in 90% of boss fights, and the fact that it doesn’t have the option to scale with void. I believe this skill is seen mainly as a defensive option and hope these changes, if taken, would make people think of this skill as a more offensive option and make the Deflection and Forge Chains nodes look more appealing.

Vindicator (4):

Original – You have a chance to attack with Iron Blade when you kill an enemy with Riposte.

RevisedIron Blade and Riposte deal more damage. (+15% per point) (4 points)

Vengeful Slayer (2):

Original – You have a chance to attack with Iron Blade when you kill an enemy with Vengeance.

Revised – Increased number of Iron Blades at the cost of reduced attack speed. (+2 / -20% per point) (2 points)

Essence of Revenge (2):

OriginalRiposte has a chance to grant a Void Essence, which last 7 seconds and grant 15% increased void damage, 15% increased melee damage, and 10% reduced stun duration.

RevisedRiposte and Iron Blade has a chance to grant a Void Essence, which last 7 seconds and grant 15% increased void damage, 15% increased melee damage, and 10% reduced stun duration.

Essence of Vindication (1):

Original – Kills with Vengeance have a chance to grant you a Void Essence.

RevisedConvert Vengeance and Iron Blade damage to Void.
Armor Shred ChanceVoid Shred Chance
PhysicalVoid

Vital Puncture (3):

Original - Iron Blade has a chance to deal double damage.

Revised - Iron Blade and Riposte has a chance to deal double damage.

Ring of Shields: My main issue here is with the “if cast [insert skill name] recently” nodes. Like “On Kill” nodes, I do not like “if cast [insert skill name] recently” nodes however I can see a place for them on skills that have a short cooldown around 6 seconds as then you can benefit from such effects often and with enough investment maintain it 100% of the time. Ring of Shields does not have a short cooldown nor a way to reduce said cooldown therefore the player can only benefit from such nodes for 25% of the time making those nodes worthless 75% of the time. My changes would simply remove “if cast [insert skill name] recently” in place of “while [insert skill name] is active” but for balance would reduce the effectiveness of those skills where it is needed and/or reduce base health of Ring of Shields shields.

Ring of Shield - Base of reduced from 7555.

Spiked Shield – Damage Reflected 10%40%

Touched by Fire – Change from “if cast [insert skill name] recently” to “while [insert skill name] is active”

• Original: Fire Damage: +3 per point (5)Revised: Fire Damage: + 1 per shield per point (5)

Wreathed in Flame - Change from “if cast [insert skill name] recently” to “while [insert skill name] is active”

• Original: Increased Melee Fire Damage: 30% per point (3)Revised: Increased Fire Damage: 5% per shield per point (3)

Molten Shields - Original: Chance to Ignite Enemy When Hit: 50% (1) → Revised: Chance to Ignite Enemy When Hit: 100% (1)

Defensive Shields - Change from “if cast [insert skill name] recently” to “while [insert skill name] is active”

• Original: Block Chance +5% per point, Effectiveness: +30 per point (5) → Revised: Block Chance +3% per point, Effectiveness: +50 per point (3)

For now I think these changes would help place these skills in a better place and they would see a bit more use, Vengeance as an alternative zero mana cost skill which could rival the DPS output of Rive and Ring of Shields as an alternative option for Sigil of Hope which currently dominates as the Sentinal’s strongest buff spell as it pretty much does it all.

Next two skills i’m looking at are Hammer Throw, in particular with Disintergrating Aura, and Judgement but the latter has issues with certain interactions which means I cannot fully test everything to see what works and what doesn’t, still waiting for these to be fixed which I have already made them aware of.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.