Chambers of Ruin Questions

Level 92 Fire Necro (Action ARPG Advanced build) and am stopped on the Chambers of Ruin.
I cant seem to be able to get by the rotating tri beams of death. I’ve tried running with them, not fast enough. I’ve tried running through them and healing, kinda works but run out of healing potions. Resists for Fire, Cold, and Lightning are way overmaxed but my Void is low to none. The beams dont seem to Void though.
When I have gotten by the first set of them I am good until the next set. Then I have the same problem as before not enough healing utility.
I revamped my equipment to get more Health and went from 1025 to 1790 but still cant seem to survive these beams.
I’ve watched all the videos and most of them show the player just withstanding the effects or running with the beams.
What movement speed level is needed to keep up with the beams? I’m at 32%
Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

I’m surprised you can’t run with them, I just did it the other day and with lower movement speed I was able to. Are you staying close to him while running around him to avoid them? That’s the key with lower movement speed.

1 Like

I am not a necro expert but 1.7k life seems very low. Do you have some ward?

There are some steps around the outer edge of the arena. The beams don’t go past the edge of the arena onto the steps, so go onto the steps and let the beams pass - I usually use the steps on the southern edge

You don’t need any. You can avoid this ability entirely without a single MS%.

Its just about how close you are to the boss when circling around it.

The closer you are, the less movement speed you need.
The further away you are, the mroe movement speed you need.

You said you watched all the videos, but I am still gonna post it here. I did a guide a while back.

The tricky part is to not run too close to the boss, so you touch the beams.

1 Like

Thank you for the video link. I had not watched this one. I was concentrating on more current version patch videos. I hope they have not increased the rotation speed sometime in a more recent patch. I was apparently standing too close to the boss at times while trying to run with the beams and then again sometimes too far away trying to stay from getting too close. Everything else I was good with avoiding.

Yeah my video is pretty outdated and there are some enemy modifers that are no longer avilable on certain timelines or certai nbosses are not affected by enrage/cast speed anymore, but for this particular boss nothing changed.

You basically need to find the distance to the boss, while circling it, so that your speed matches the rotation speed of the beam

One tip I can give oyu would be praticing the boss on normal monolith without any damage modifiers, just to get a hang of the speed and how you need to position yourself.

Speaking of enemy modifiers, these are also increadibly important to increase the room for error, that you can make. Try to keep an eye out for damage modifiers, which make the beam extremly more dangerous.

So., I made an attempt to run with the beam with a few adjustments. I uped my Void resist but in doing so had to lower my movement speed (32% to 20%). No way I could stay ahead or even up to the beam running on the same line as was in the video.
2nd attempt I use the stairs method. They are not 100% safe ( they may have nerfed it a bit so you can still use it but you will take damage) but was enough reduced damage that I could use 1 potion to heal and keep going. I had to use the stair method twice and then he went down.
Thanks all for your info.
Now on to Heorot.

Edit: Heorot down. Yay!

Thanks all

2 Likes