Careful Assault

Does Careful Assault work with Shadow Daggers?

anyone?

i can’t speak for everyone but you’d be more likely to get a helpful response by actually describing the nodes or providing some screenshots. most people don’t have node names memorized, so answering a question like this requires searching through skill and passive trees to find it. i just tried to find the “careful assault” node and couldn’t, but i’d be happy to try to answer if you could provide some more info.

It’s in Shadow Cascade (deals more damage if you have a specific number of shadows).

i see it now, thanks!

that is a tricky one, though. the wording is that shadow cascade deals more damage, and iirc shadow daggers is an ailment, so if it works like other nodes it should inherit the damage bonus (or at least shadow daggers applied by shadow cascade will). however, i think the “specific number of shadows” needed for the damage bonus is generally not worth it for anything. it’s just too fiddly and imo the points are better spent in damage multipliers with more consistent uptime, even if they have lower numbers.

But it’s a generic “more” damage modifer, not “more hit damage” which should be inherited if the shadow cascade is the hit that procs the damage.

Sadly it doesn’t work with Sadow Daggers. Nor do Leveraged Momentum, Crushing Darkness or Flow State. They are all generic, like @Llama8 said, but since they all will only buff the Cascade damage itself and Shadow Daggers (though being procced from Cascade) counts as a skill on its own, none of them will work.
The only mentionable node in this relation is Shadow Flourish (since it’s a global buff) which will work.

I’d still expect those nodes to affect proc’d effects though.

@Hackaloken is this a bug?

Ty for info. When my shadow cascade goes off i have 4 shadows moast of the time, and since i have no melee attack just shadow daggers i thought it should increase their damage.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.