Capstone passive skills idea

So I saw a thread on Reddit that kinda gave me an idea. The thread was from a person talking about how some of the mastery class skills felt underwhelming (paladin getting holy aura for example).

My idea was to add a single point “capstone” passive to each mastery tree. It would require 60 points invested in the tree and will wildly improve the mastery skill for that class but usually with a heavy drawback.

Using Holy aura as an example.

1 point: Holy Aura becomes Aura of the Heavens.
Passive:. All passive bonuses provided by the skill tree are doubled.
Active:. When Aura of the Heavens is activated, all bonuses provided by the skill tree are quadrupled. The cooldown is doubled and while AoH is on cooldown, the player receives 30% more damage from all sources.

A second example is for Forge Strike
1 point:. Forge Strike becomes Shielding Strike.
When Forge Strike hits at least one enemy, the impact shoots five shields out as shrapnel. These shields scale with the Shield Throw skill. Forge Strike can no longer have it’s cooldown removed and while on cooldown, you do not regenerate mana.

These are just a couple examples but I think having some way to enhance a mastery skill through heavy investment in the mastery tree could be a fun way to make some crazy builds.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.