Can't start an Offline game

I cannot start an Offline game. I create my character, watch the opening cutscene, then get booted back to the main menu. The Online option works just fine, but this is not how I’d like to play the game. I tried with Support, they just suggested that I check file integrity in Steam, which I did, and send them my player log, which I did, then they ghosted. Any solutions?

Same here - ticket is unresponded since one week. Feeling really sad about being ignored…!

Official support seems to be down - hopefuly not for long :worried:

Hey folks

Upload your player.log file and dxdiag here and I’ll have a look and see if there’s anything I can suggest

Hello psychodrive.

As my official ticket ist still not responded to, i’d like to return to your offer - anything suspicious you can find in the attached files?
logfiles an dxdiag.zip (359.7 KB)

Hi Joerg

Analysis

In your logs, I see a combination of things

Looks like you possibly had some issues logging in during your prior session:

Ping: Error performing ICMP transmission. Possibly because of a timeout

But eventually resolved itself

LoginController EnterState LoginPlayer → LandingZone

Then, (and I think this is what might be causing your issue)

2023-03-26T18:34:16.1617314+00:00 LE.Services.Login.UserServiceException: Read: Character STASH_0 format invalid for player 4E79702D1CC4AFBB

with a big error trace, then followed by

2023-03-26T18:34:23.1045393+00:00 Client ward holder not found!

Suggestion

Try making a backup of your Saves folder and then deleting it.

Remember to make a backup!

If you have cloud saves enabled:

[STEAM_GAME_FOLDER]/steamapps/userdata/[STEAM_USER_ID]/899770/ac/
WinAppDataLocalLow/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Saves/

Otherwise (hidden by default):

[DRIVE]:/Users/[USER_NAME]/AppData/LocalLow/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Saves

Thanks a lot for your answers @psychodrive , now things are getting strange…

Far as i remember, i had never activated cloud-saves in Steam (and thus don’t have the path/folder mentioned by you) - BUT: steam said, cloud-saves were enabed…

So, i disabled that, backed up my saves at [DRIVE]:/Users/[USER_NAME]/AppData/LocalLow/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Saves, cleared the saves-folder, checked file-integrity and startet a new offline-game - that worked so far.

After exiting the game, re-copying the saves-backup, re-checking if cloud-saves via Steam are still disbaled (they are!) and re-starting the game, i do find all my offline-chars as intended - but still, i can’t start an offline-game with an existing char…

Also, i do have nox explanation, what might have caused the big error traces - my network is stable, everything else works like a charm, so i am cofused… :confused:

Any further idea what might have caused this?

Just checking – once you cleared the save folder, you are able to start a game and play succesfully?

If so, you can probably raise a support ticket with EHG directly at support.lastepoch.com, provide the stash file, tell them you can’t play if it is there and ask if they know how to fix it :slight_smile: Unfortunately, that is not something I can help with.

I think the big error traces are related to the game trying to read the stash file and failing. As for the network errors… no idea sorry

“Just checking – once you cleared the save folder, you are able to start a game and play succesfully?” >>> correct - i can start a new offline-game, if my saves-folder in “blank” orcompletey deleted.

If i re-enable my backup, starting a new game results in infinite loadingscreen or, selecting an existing character, in a “click-confirmation” (button changes clour), than nothing happens…

I’ll try the support again - but tbh, i do hardly have ny hope for an answer…

Thanks for your help, Psychodrive!

If you direct message me your stash file, i can try and look at it too, but no guarantees. Ive never looked at my own so no idea about the data format etc :smiley:

Thx for the offer, i submitted a ticket already.

It was instantly merged with another ticket, so at least someone over at EHG is looking at the requests. Why my initial request is unanswered since ~14 days however will remain a mystery…

I think they have an absolute metric explosion of tickets at the moment as the popularity is probably revealing issues that a smaller population might not find.

Hopefully they get to yours soon :slight_smile:

I’m fine with that - though i would advise (i did, in fact) to communicate with the present fan-base.

Telling people that there’s a load of things to fix and that answering tickets is near to impossible atm is, imo, way better in the long run than simply ignoring support-questions…

I’ll hang on and play an online rogue in the meantime :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Unable to start offline. The offline button is greyed out not green like online. I click offline and select character then i try to enter and get a loop of logging in and back to menu.

My appdata folder is empty

Hi

A new patch came out 20 minutes ago (10 minutes after your message).

You might need to restart Steam to see it

Thanks Psychodrive i was stoked for the patch but issue persists . ;/

So the game knows i created two characters but there is no save files yet

Heya

That sucks mate.

You should creat a new post in bug report with version 0.9G2 in the subject line.

In the post, upload your player.log files and a dxdiag report. I’ll have a look at them and see if I can make any suggestions.

In the meantime, try verifying Steam game file integrity just in case :slight_smile:

Hi Psychodrive i posted in bugs with what i did to fix my issue. Thanks for the suggestion as that got me thinking about fixing the issue :slight_smile: :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.