Can't progress due to game crashes

Hi. Loving the game, but the amount of crashing is too much. I know it’s Beta, but it’s not Alpha.

I’m practically unable to progress through Echos and Arenas as I crash every few Echos. I’ve asked on Reddit about this issue, people there suggested lowering the graphical settings to low but that didn’t help. I’m still crashing.

Usually I crash due to low memory. Sometimes I just crash with some random message. Sometimes I load into black instance where I can kill mobs but can’t see anything. If I leave the instance, I lose 2 echos of progress.

My machine is capable of running PoE at max, Witcher 3 modded with HD textures on Ultra settings. The PC is working great and shouldn’t be the issue. I’ve also tried updating to latest nvidia drivers, but that also didn’t help.

Hopefully when the game launches I don’t have these issue, because I’ll be very sad if I will have them then.

le_graphicsmanager.ini (503 Bytes) DxDiag.txt (46.4 KB) .

Anything else I can provide, some additional troubleshooting or info dumps?

How often does support look at these technical issues?

I don’t have a specific fix that will guaranteed work for you but you can try a few things.

Does this happen with all characters? Some skills are much less performant than others. For example, Avalanche is a very bad offender that could actually cause an issue like this. We know why it’s happening and have a fix coming down the pipe that will resolve skill based issues like this. I would start by changing your skills and see if that helps. (unlikely but it’s worth a shot)

You can try resetting graphics to defaults by deleting or moving your le_graphicsmanager.ini file this is also a stretch but I’ve seen it fix issues like this before so I’d say it’s worth a shot.

I know it takes longer but doing a file check through steam or a full on game reinstall might be worth a shot too.

After that I would open up task manager while playing and keep an eye on your memory usage and see if specific actions cause it to spike.

I’m sorry I don’t have a more clear cut method to solve this right now. So many computers behave so slightly different from each other. We are working to make Epoch work well on as many as we can but it’s still a work in progress. We’ve seen very quirky incompatibilities, sometimes as innocuous as a VPN. This isn’t to suggest you should turn it off if you have one but just that we’ve seen weird things happen that I wouldn’t thing should affect it.

Thank you for the reply. I know it’s hard to troubleshoot stuff like this but I appreciate the effort.

I’ll add that I did some additional testing today, and it seems when I close Firefox while playing, the number of crashes is significantly decreased. They still happen, but not so often so I am now able to progress through Echos.

It’s suck that I’m unable to listen to stuff on youtube while playing, but I’ve switched to Spotify so it’s ok.

Anyways, you have a great game here, really liking it so far.

Thanks, it does sound like it might be running out of memory. We are working to reduce the memory used by Epoch and have some ways to do that which are still being worked on.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.