Can't complete, "Speak with Gaspar in the End of Time"

I completed all quests leading up to this point, spoke with Gaspar and chose my mastery. Traveled to the council chamber, saved game and exited. When I loaded back in I cannot pass the rune door. Even though I had already chosen my mastery I went back through the lower district and beat the boss to re-enter the end of time as many others have recommended based on their issues with the rune door. I am unable to complete the quest in the title of this post. Video linked.

https://imgur.com/a/qBriJaD

For some reason we stopped getting updates on the forums, but this is from discord:

Hello Travelers.

We are aware of reports of an intermittent issue preventing some players from dispelling the barrier in Council Chambers to continue east. We are actively investigating and working on a fix for this issue. As a temporary workaround, you should be able to join a party with another player and teleport to them in the next area to progress - your quest should automatically update once you’re in the next area. Alternatively, reloading back into Council Chambers may allow you to dispel the barrier, though this method may take multiple reloads of the area.

Thanks!

Great timing btw. :sweat_smile:

After the update I am able to dispel the barrier but still unable to complete the quest in the title.

** Unless the quest is completed later in the game past the barrier **

did you ever figure this out? I’m running into the same thing

Same issue after launch, concerned that this will block me from completing the main campaign. I have opened the barrier and am moving on with the quest lines, but with no ability to do anything with this quest.

Ok, so it looks like the same quest to open the area in the Council Chamber, but it really wants you to continue, and then eventually go back to Elder Gaspar. I would possible suggest changing the wording of the quest objective as it sounds like you should just speak to him, rather than continue on your quest through various objectives, each of which should be updated in the quest pointer.