Cannot Log in to Online Server

With the most recent patch, I can no longer log in and play the game.

Here is what happens.
From Steam → Start → Account (Click Play Online)-> Select Traveler (Click Enter Game)
I get a brief Connecting, followed by the area load screen, loading the end of time which is where my character was last.

The area loading screen never completes, the computer doesn’t idle (fans run full, I left this running for 10 minutes on decent hardware no change no completion).

It seems to be in some kind of infinite loop.

having this same issue, sounds like i load in but im at the loading screen forever

also my characters are not wearing half their gear on the log in screen

verifying files seems to have worked @Op

Unfortunately, this didn’t seem to work for me. It finds multiple files that failed to validate, saying they would be reacquired, but doesn’t list the specific files.
Doing a double check passes validation the second time, but then launching the game, has the same issue.

Re-checking after the game launched, and then closed again shows it fails validation again. I’ve opened a ticket with steam to see if they can’t tell me how to get the filename (they only provide the number of files that failed). No logging of the Steam client itself (for file validations) seems to be possible, unless its a hidden feature. Have to wait and see what they say.

This ended up resolving on its own a few days afterwards. Not sure if they fixed it server side, or it was a transient issue but its now working although I am still getting really buggy behavior (after death respawn spawning me in a wall where I can’t move and portals drop to the nearest playable area, not on the character, or the respawn window closing and failing to respawn).

At least its better than not being able to log in.

Had the same issue, but I can confirm that validating game files fixed it for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.