Cannot load any Offline Character - tried everything

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA 2070S
RAM: 16GB

This bug suddenly started appearing on the 18.06.2023. Game had worked without issue until, and even on the same day. Ever since i have been unable to play offline.

Steps to reproduce: Start Game in Steam → Play Offline/Play Online (irrelevant) → Select any Offline Character → Press ‘Enter Game’

Expected result: Load into Game
Actual result: Instead of starting the game (aka. loading into the End of Time), the screen and preview character animation freezes for a few milliseconds, then the character’s idle animation continues but nothing else happens. Pressing ‘Enter Game’ again causes the button’s sound and animation to be played, but neither causes another micro freeze nor loads into the game. No error message anywhere.

Attempted Fixes:

• Verify Steam Files → Multiple times, no change
  • Restart PC → Multiple times, no change
  • Backup and delete \AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch → no change
  • Uninstall and reinstall the game completely → no change
  • Create new Offline Character → Stuck in the Old Road loading screen, character appears in the character selection screen but cannot be loaded
  • Create Online Character → works without issue, can create, play and load normally

Logs attached
Player-prev.log (89.8 KB)
Player.log (341.5 KB)

Also uploaded character save files for a brand new Offline character.
As usual this one got stuck on the Old Road loading screen upon creation, and then couldn’t be loaded at all from the Character Selection screen.

Saves.zip (2.1 KB)

Long shot but in the reinstall process, I don’t think that the graphics ini file gets removed. I’m on mobile so I don’t have the exact path or link but you can find the path to it on our support site. Deleting that will cause the game to remake a new default one on start up.

You’ve already tried most of the common things so I don’t have any low hanging fruit to try.

Sadly that also didn’t work. Finding a few threads on Reddit and Steam from early 2023; in one case there was a cloud save problem.
Trying to explore this avenue and ask them how they noticed/resolved the cloud issue.

Hi, your stash got corrupted:

Category: data.offline.stash ---> LE.Services.DataStoreException: Read: Character STASH_0 format invalid for player 3A51F82F32B0A415 

Remove the STASH_0 and STASH_0_TAB_0 files, make copy of STASH_0.bak and STASH_0_TAB_0.bak. Remove the .bak extension and any uneccesary string like “-copy” from new files. This should fix the issue.

That fixed the issue!
Thank you so much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.