Cannot enter game with offline characters

When clicking the Enter Game button on offline characters nothing happens. Game seems to be running fine, no errors, no freezes, just nothing happens when trying to enter game on an offline character.

I do not have the same problem with an online character.

I’ve had the exact same issue for 2 days now.

I have this issue for 4 days now, with offline characters, but even if i can enter the game with online characters, they are completely broken and unplayble.

Sorry about this. Could you provide a player log from a session where you attempted to enter game on an offline character?

A possible fix may be to try verifying the integrity of game files. In your Steam library, right click Last Epoch → Local Files → Verify integrity of game files
Let me know if that reports any files needing to be replaced, or addresses the problem.

If the issue persists, uploading your character saves could also help us try to reproduce the problem. The Saves folder for offline characters is in the same location as the player log, so you can zip the entire Saves folder and upload it.

Hi. I found a solution i same case - renamed Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta → Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.old, then Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.bak → Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta the game works, but I lost a dozen bookmarks in the inventory, but this is a lesser evil. Try, if no result - rename again to original manes.

Hi,
I completely uninstalled the game, deleted all files, then reinstalled it, but nothing changed. I also did the integrity verification, and everything is fine.
Here are the logs and the Saves folder.

Logs.zip (68.4 KB)

Hi, i’ve checked your log and save files. There’s an error:

2023-04-21T11:28:35.7309338+00:00	LE.Services.Login.UserServiceException: Read: Character STASH_0 format invalid for player A88165AA7250FD84 
 Category: data.offline.stash ---> LE.Services.DataStoreException: Read: Character STASH_0 format invalid for player A88165AA7250FD84 
 Category: data.offline.stash

Looks like STASH_0 file is corrupted as it doesn’t have any data. You can try delete this file, then copy STASH_0.bak and remove the “.bak” extension. Do the same thing for STASH_0_TAB_0 as it might get out of sync.

STASH_0.bak has json structure so it should work.

Before doing any of this backup all files :slight_smile:

It worked ! Thanks so much :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.