Can you please communicate

I mean i understand you try and i do appreciate the updates, but they are hours apart. I havent been able to login the last hour+ at all, just spins before either giving online services down msg or disconnect from server or it just spins into eternity and i have to alt+f4.

It’s pretty crazy that after 3 days with this there is no fix. It will be alpha and omega for reviews etc that it works during the weekend.

1 Like

You need to check the official Last Epoch Discord… Or the News section of this forum. They are giving hourly updates and have been since release.

Umm no they are not. If you mean the announcement thread then this is updated pretty regularly which i commended them for, but still most of the times it is many hours apart. And that is very frustrating when you sit at peak EU time weekend start and want to play.

1 Like

no reason they cant copy/paste the info here and on the steam forums…not everyone uses discord

1.0 Server Status Thread

It has most of the same info they place on discord.

Also, while i agree that their effort in communication is nice, i think they could come around with a serious post about these issues. In best case, a rough ETA at least.

All they basically say is “we are working to improve server stability” (which is kinda fun, as there hardly is any stability). I mean come on, its been 3 days, according to the devs they did their tests before launch.

I think, i and many other people who just recently joined are pretty much on the edge of wanting this refunded.

You’re not a programmer, so you don’t know. In these cases, there is no way to give a “rough ETA”. It’s a bug (or several bugs) and they’re trying to fix it/them. There is no point in saying that it will take one more day when they have no idea when it will be ready. That will just make the community madder when the time comes and things aren’t fixed.

3 Likes

well, ok i can imagine that i guess. But then it all leads down to the game not having been ready for a release, with all the marketing arround it. (these things can happen for sure, but then you need to take a step back, and do some damage recovery)

Dont get me wrong, im not hating, infact, i wanted to check it out cause people spammed this game all over the d4 forums lol and i can see some nice ideas in this game ( i adore the skill flexibility for example). but this release is sadly just ridiculous.

sorry if i was venting there, but the discord chat is pretty much ridiculous right now, where people try to act like the devs are their family or stuff ^^

No, it’s ok. I understand your frustration. And there’s no getting around the fact that EHG screwed up the launch. But speaking as a programmer, I can tell you that you can test all you want, when it goes live bugs come up where you least expect them. And this is what happened to them.

Judd has posted on reddit and other sources that they did test a lot and they were really optimistic for launch. It just hit them where they weren’t looking.
And they have maintained open communication about this issue, didn’t try to come up with excuses and were very open about everything.

So it’s unfortunate, they can only blame themselves, but I feel like they’ve done everything they could to address the issue and the players. And we’ll still see what they will come up with once the fire is out and they can breathe for a bit.

3 Likes

And if every 15 minutes they were posting the only updates they have to give, which is “Still working on it, no new info right now”, you would be here complaining that they’re not giving you any information instead.

They’ll share updates when there’s something to actually share. Until then, try to exhibit an adult’s level of patience.

1 Like

I have been playing online games for 20 years. I have literally never seen a developer communicate THIS MUCH.

Proof that no matter what, entitled gamers will be very upset they can’t play NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.

5 Likes

fair, i didnt see those things. i joined like a week before the official release cause truth be told, im done with the d4 season and got spare time. ^^

Guess you are right, from what i can tell many arround here have good things to say about EHG, so i guess ill sit this out trying to be as relaxed as possible :stuck_out_tongue: - if anything, they do deserve a fair chance i guess.

1 Like