Can you not play offline if servers are down?

Just got the game and wanted to mess around with it, but it’s just spinning :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t believe so. Might just have to wait till tomorrow

1 Like

“Always online”…until it’s not. Why oh why did the devs, who are meant to be avid game lovers like us apparently, not see the value in offline (LAN co-op) play??? Unity has co-op LAN code out of the box, so I could be duoing with the Mrs today (or any other day the servers are down, which let’s be realistic, there will be plenty of for us all in the foreseeable future, ahem). Or at least playing side-by-side solo with some alts, no such luck. We will now have to do RL relationship building and communication stuff, EHG - the hooorrror, THE HOOORRROOORRRRR!!! :rofl:

1 Like

They are literally implementing pure offline as we speak.

6 Likes

Well that’s awesome then, I’ll see tomorrow if it runs on Steam Deck and go from there

2 Likes

In the live stream chat with GhazzyTV and DarthMicrotransaction he did state that they do NO testing on steam deck but there are people that play the game and tweak settings to get it to work. Here is the link if you wanted to watch it. Its a great talk with Mike from EHG. https://youtu.be/DdePWYvMSI4

1 Like

From what I read/watched recently - if you had logged off in offline mode before the servers went down then you would have been able to continue in offline mode. The “true offline” mode will be available after the patch and servers are back up. You can select this option from your Steam library under your Last Epoch install to launch the game in a true offline mode. Note that one of the things that will not show up in offline mode will be cosmetics. Not quite sure why, but there must have been a reason for this.

In that livestream i just posted, mike states that its due to purchase verification limitations currently and they have been discussing it quite a bit internally.

Ah I missed that part. Makes sense. Thanks!

1 Like

All good, i just finished watching the whole video so its all fresh in my head lol

They are, in 1.0.

Huh? All the posts and videos/articles say only solo offline mode will be implemented…?

In 1.0. Which is now. Hence the first post here:

1 Like

On steamdeck this option not are present…

Run with proton instead of native. Also steam cloud in native is broken anyway and saves don’t sync with windows offline saves.

1 Like