Can we increase max levels?

If the enemies scale with you end game anyway, can the max level be set to 999?

Also, the max skill level of 20 is way too low. At least 30 would help, but 50 would be great (but probably op).

I have skills which I put all of my points into cost reduction, and STILL can’t get all the points I need to do much with the spell. Summon Wraith under the necromancer skill tree is a great example. If you want cost reduction+health (so they last longer) it’s not possible to supply the points needed. 22 is the minimum needed, with 29 points needed of you wanted the wraiths to laat longer through critical heals. They aren’t doing much damage anyway, but I love using them as meat shields.

1 Like

That’s kind of the point, to make you choose…

Can see it working if the passive tree expands all the way up to 999 and skill trees become 2.5 times bigger, but otherwise I really, really hope not.

I like Asian grinders as much as the next guy (not sarcasm), but I don’t want all the awakening and rebirth shenanigans to plague LE.

I agree 20 may seem too low, but adding points could be very dangerous and result in overpower. Maybe 25 could be OK and add a bit of power or duration to skills, but no more. The whole point is, as Vidya said, to make a choice. You can’t have all what a skill offers, so you adapt it to your build and what you want to do. For example sometimes you want very long lasting ballistae, sometimes you want them to be deadly and you don’t mind to resummon frequently.

I am with you on that… the extra points for the new affixes can very easily make skills overpowered if the devs dont keep it in check… The limited choice mechanic is important for the skills to prevent things getting out of hand.,…

Although… based on the OP… I was thinking that an interesting mechanic would be to sacrifice an entire skill slot for added skill points in other skills - i.e. drop a skill slot entirely and gain 5-10 skill points to use in the remaining skills… could be an interesting challenge once the game has matured… :wink:

i like that a char is finished skill and passive points wise at level 100.

for skills you can get +x to skill affixes. and you should pick and specialize your skills for diffrent means: main damage, main utility/ ressource management etc where ever possible. maybe there is a unique/set item that helps with that. Last Epoch Item Database

1 Like

I agree with what others have said. I’m definitely guilty of going all ‘kid in a sweet shop’ and wanting to be able to put skill and passive points into everything but the interesting decisions only happen when your resources are (relatively) limited and you need to decide how to apply them. Having loads more skill points would remove a lot of the fun to be had from building a character, at least for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.