Can the skeletons and golem survive end game and bosses without Necromancer?

I’d like to play a minion build, but I’m a little worried about pets being annihilated by bosses. Is that avoidable, and can you do it without taking Necromancer?

They die even for a necromancer, what can we say about other classes…

1 Like

Up to a certain point with certain skillbuilds and affixes used? Yes! Been there done that.

They can’t even survive as necromancer lmao.

150 corruption Rahyeh oneshots my skeleton mages with every single spell he lands.
And that’s with every single defensive talent taken to beef them up.

Genuinely feels like I’m playing starcraft dodging mechanics and also moving my minions with A.
Pretty fun and satisfying if you’re down for that though.

2 Likes

What about the archers, rogues, and warriors?

It’s not really a matter of what minion, all of them are squishy.

You have to invest in stats and gear to beef them up.
There’s a set shield that gives 100% crit avoidance to minions and 2 good minion dodge rolls on gear (1000+) will also let them dodge a lot of attacks.
There’s the body armor for 13% minion all resist, a blessing that gives around 20% minion all resist.
Get Julra gloves to transfer additional resists to minions, preferably legendary so you can put more stuff on there.

It’s a work.

1 Like

If they’re dying at 150 corruption, then you’re not doing everything to beef them up lol.

It’s an rng based game I can list all the stuff there is doesn’t mean I have it. :smile:

It’s not that bad (yet), was mainly referring to Rahyeh’s big fan dancing attack and those plants that put poison on the ground.
It’s crazy how ground poison 100-0 minions because they accidentally touched it for one millisecond and received the dot.
Especially with how unresponsive and laggy the attack move button is.

If all the minions are squishy, and the necromancer is squishy, and I assume she does less damage with spells than the mage, what is the point of the class, exactly?

Alternative playstyle.

Minions do good damage, it’s easy to get 100% crit on them and because you have several of them they are good at applying debuffs as well.

Minions will die and you will resummon them often, if the player finds this annoying there are still Acolyte builds that don’t rely on minions or just straight up play a mage.

I believe kripp was doing corruption 700+ with a full necro minion build, and it seemed pretty viable. So most likely with the right items / masteries it should work.

1 Like

Minions aren’t that squishy, people just don’t know what they’re doing.

Minion health and minion health regen are prefixes, “damage” affixes, but people think they can ignore it and run minion damage and INT or minoion crit chance on every piece of gear, then wonder why their minions die.

On beta? Are you even aware that the corruption system has been changed? I would look at the release video with perma summons for 700+ corruption (not wraithlord and abomination)

Rahyeh’s fan attack doesn’t hit the bridge that leads to his arena. Retreat your minions there.

1 Like

I’ll try it next time.
I didn’t even consider running out of the arena as an option it sounds so silly. :smile:

One thing I found that really really improved my minion survivability was +health per second for minions. I got a +190 health per second on my relic and my skeletons (which are the most squishy of our minions) almost never die in monoliths at corruption 210.

Minion health is your friend. Aim for 800% + for them and they’ll feel better in empowered monoliths and bosses.