Can Swarmblade druid (rage instead of mana) benefit from Excited Bolts passive ("consume % of current mana to do more damage")?

Gathering Storm (the tree that scales Storm Bolts damage) has a node called Excited Bolts, which lets you stack mana to scale its damage (it consumes % current mana to deal % extra damage). As swarmblade druid, i use other skills to trigger storm bolts. But i have no mana - i have rage. So my question is - does this node still work and scale my storm bolt damage?

Its honestly almost impossible to check ingame because even on dummies you have too many sources of damage so its hard to compare numbers (plus it would mean losing points in a skill to unspec-respec it).

My guess would be to say it doesnt, but i’ve seen some guides that use it (implying it does) - however i’ve also seen guides (including maxroll one) that are just not properly updated to 1.0 and could just be flat out wrong.

1 Like

I have this same question. Previously, most things that referenced “mana” did apply to rage as well, so I’m inclined to think it should work.

It is hard for my character to test on the dummy too.

1 Like