Can not terminate Last Epoch

After reciving patch 19.4 my game does not launch and program can not be killed.
I have to restart computer every time I try. Worked fine last night

Hi there… Welcome to the forum…

the Current Version of Last Epoch is 0.8.5d - I am not sure what you mean by 19.4? Are you referring to the Unity Game engine version 2019.4.23f1 - that hasnt updated in a while now…

You dont say if you are using the Steam or Standalone version but if you are using the Steam version, I would recommend that you run the Game File Verification process to make sure your update of LE is actually installed correctly.

If that doesnt work, then you need to post your player.log (the games debug file) , your le_graphicsmanager.ini (the game settings) and the output of a dxdiag report (system & driver information - assuming Windows OS).

Seems my computer had come corrupted. Reinstalled Windows and game and everything works fine. Sorry that I bothered for nothing.
Funny that poe and LA still worked fine

Thats for the update… no need to apologise for asking for help…

It may have just been something like an auto update that messed something up or a driver that was borked… your OS reinstall could have just resolved the problem as part of the refreshing of all the separate components, without directly confirming the cause.

While I am a staunch advocate of regularly reinstalling any Windows system purely for getting rid of the bloat that seems to accumulate over time, I would recommend that you make a System Restore Point now that everythings is working fine… That way, you shouldnt have to go the whole reinstall route just for something as arbitrary as a game all of a sudden not working anymore… A quick restore might have resolved things without the hassle of an OS resinstall…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.