Can not speak to the Keeper Guard

The way I managed to fix this is I ran backward through the Northern Forest to where you exit the Fortress Vaults. Balthas was just standing there but as soon as I approached him, he started running through the Northern Forest toward the Keeper Guard and I was able to progress after that.

If anyone is having trouble hearing Balthas speak, but not seeing him, try and run backwards to see if he is waiting for you.

Just hit this bug myself. I assumed it was a server problem so I was farting around for 24h. Damn.

had this happen right now. just go back one zone, you need the druid dude with you to trigger events. if you log out, he despawns

For anyone trying this after patch 1.0.1
With the old man standing next to the quest marker guy. You need to click on him with your mouse. For steam deck touch screen click. That will fix the problem

2 Likes

You da MVP

1 Like

Thanks Lionel, glad I read through this post as I was wondering what was up with the controller.

YES THIS WAS IT!!! ty if ur playin on a handheld like i am this is prob for you.

Hit this just now. Tired to back track to the previous zone and come back in, didn’t help. Guy runs with me but the NPC won’t activate. Had to drop the controller and move the mouse to click on this NPC to make it respond, seems someone forgot to make this NPC ‘controller aware’.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.