Can Ignite more than once per Hit?

I’m making a Paladin Melee build with Traversal Fissure Smite and Flame Drinker’s Rive, and i was wondering, because i spend a lot on ignite chance on both items and skill trees, can I ignite enemies more than once per hit? Even if I have lower than 200%?

Someone feel free to correct me on this one, but it is my understanding that having an ignite chance of 150% translates to a guaranteed stack of 1 and a 50% chance for that to result in a stack of 2.

So, every bit is going to up your damage and chances of getting more stacks if that 's the type of build you’re going for.

2 Likes

Yeah i checked it directly on the stats screen and it confirms what you say, thank you ^^, by the way, do you know if the damage dealt by Fissure on Smite counts as damage dealt by Smite itslef? Meaning, if I get Conflagration, which makes Smite deal more damage to ignited enemies, will the damage from Fissure deal more damage to ignited enemies?

My intuition is that because fissure is classified as its own thing with its own scaling tags, something specifically boosting smite damage would not also boost fissure damage (double dipping, essentially).

So, I logged in on a paladin and respecced smite to only have 1 point in fissure and 4 in holy fire for the 100% ignite chance to test against the same setup but 5 points in conflag. The dot damage for both setups was consistently coming in within 1-5 points of damage on each attempt rather than doubling when specced into conflag. So, I’m forced to conclude that conflagration only increases the damage of the smite itself, and does not interact with fissure.

Thank you very much, you were incredibly helpful ^^

1 Like