Burning Pier is Crashing the game

I’ve played Last Epoch on my first character with relatively few crashes up to level 50. I’ve had easily 10-15 crashes just attempting to complete the story quests in the Burning Pier area. In a few cases the game totally messed up the screen with random pixels in a checkerboard over half the screen. I could still hear skill activations and combat briefly then the game crashed.

I’m using an NVIDIA GE Force GTX 1080 TI on a MS windows machine with intel core I7 4.2 GHZ processors.

LNERTIA14

Could you upload your crash file?

Her is the crash file.
Player.log (64.1 KB)

r/
Lnertia

1 Like

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

The player.log shows that the game is crashing on a DirectX (CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface) error which is then crashing the Unity.dll (the game engine LE is developed using).

You mention that you are regularly crashing and the game is showing graphical corruption before crashing… This is a sign of the performance related instability in the game right now…

What in-game settings are you using while playing? le_graphicsmanager.ini contains these settings.

Please try the following:
Temporarily set the in-game settings to 1080p, 60fps framerate limited (not vsync) and ALL in-game settings to very low or disabled…

Test the game using these settings… If there is a noticeable reduction in crashing and an improvement in stability then you are suffering from the known issues of the game not being optimised yet… To counter this, you simply need to be more conservative with your settings in favour of stability and ensure that you limit the game from running away with your GPU. I suggest, upping resolution first, then FPS and finally graphic quality - one at a time to make sure the game stay stable… Remember, its the game state not what your system SHOULD be able to handle right now…

If using the base test settings makes no difference to stability then there are other things to try:

1. Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date (last 2-3 months)… Dont use 466.77. You may have to do a safe mode driver reinstallation or use DDU to make sure that the driver files are correctly replaced.
  2. Make sure your OS is updated and doesnt have any general errors (View Reliability Monitor).
  3. Verify the game files if you are using Steam.