Build advice for Paladin

Hi,
I’m following a build guide that’s HH, Holy Aura, Vengeance, Sigils and Volatile Rift.
I will be duo-ing some of the time. I get that VR is very important for pushing corruption due to the damage buff, but how much would I lose going Judgement, presuming I’d then gain benefits for my ally, or is the VR buff applying to their damage too strong to consider Judgement as an alternative?

What’s interesting to me is that my healing hands paladin has 3 of the same skills and is built around the same skill, but is nonetheless completely different. We share healing hands, sigils and holy aura in common, my last two are smite and javelin.

But I’m scaling off spell and fire while I presume you’re scaling off melee and void, so we’ve got nothing in common in terms of scaling tags and honestly not much in common in terms of playstyle either. I’m sure yours is stronger, I am still leveling with mine and don’t know how far it’ll take me, so I’m certainly not recommending mine it’s just interesting exactly how diverse even similar builds can be.

To answer your question, based on how I’m reading vr I’m seeing it as potentially doubling damage dealt overall, and more likely providing a 1.5x boost with a 66% uptime. More pressingly though I don’t see judgement as providing significant tangible benefits; it’s an attack replacement vs vengeance ultimately and maybe I’m underestimating the benefits of the aura but I don’t see it. Only one way to find out for sure though and that’s to test. If it turns out it’s good please let us know!

thanks for the reply. The damage buff from VR feels too good to pass up regardless as, presumably, it provides a boost to all players?

Yes, since it increases the damage taken rather than buffing the damage you do, so anything that does damage to the affected mob does more damage.