Bros, Is seriou with no way to respec my mastery class?

Is it serious that you can’t change the mastery? I totally lost the will to play. Create a new character just to change the spec? Isn’t it enough for the game to be gender locked?

1 Like

Bro you serious that you want to respec mastery?
Disliking certain things about games is ok, but the way you say it, it sounds like this has to be a thing, which it doesn’t.

“Just”?

The mastery is basically the major pillar of theme of a character. This is not just a spec. It is a fundamental archtype.

4 Likes

I even understand, but I think it would give the game an absurd freedom and I don’t see why not give that to the players.

I would highly suggest using the search function there are dozens of topics about respec and mastery respec in general.

But I would say one thing that respecabble masteries will do: Characters feel more replaceable

1 Like

I mean, I’m not fir grinding, simply for the sake of grinding. But if you allow mastery re-specs, then every character just becomes a lvl 100 template character in an editor. Just swap out mastery and skills, and play an entirely different class. No more need for alts!

2 Likes

How do you change your class in D3?

Grim Dawn?

I already solved it in a very viable and practical way, I simply deleted my beast master and created a druid. As I currently have all the time in the world, it’s an unspeakable pleasure to redo every leveling just to change the class. I loved the very intuitive system, it will be a success at launch. Thank you all!

1 Like

It literally says you can only choose a mastery once, when you choose it. Did you totally lose the will to read before clicking buttons?

Also the only thing that currently makes the masteries different is the one mastery-skill that comes with the mastery and either 1 or 2 skills that you get beyond 20 points into the tree. That’s it. You can put points into the other masteries and even pick up (almost) all of their sub-skills while having a different mastery.

Also, this is a pre-release / beta game, which will and has been undergoing significant changes. Surely you understand that by now.

1 Like

Wrong decision, sorry to say.

While there is nothing that can be done about changing mastery it is not a good idea to delete the character since if you decide to play that mastery in the future you don’t need to re-do the leveling and you can just respec the skills/passives.

To clarify, you cannot obtain all of the subskills. Any subskills past the chain in the tree will prevent you from acquiring it, even if you have put enough points into the tree.

Edited and corrected to clarify the 1-2 skills beyond 20 points in a non-mastery mastery, are not obtainable.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.