Bow - class restriction?

No offence, but sometimes there is a huge lack of imagination on this forum.

Who says it hast to be as weak as a 1h weapon? I think EHG has no mechanical restrictions of how much damage a weapon can do or other values on items. And to compensate the “weakness” of the 1h bow you can put implicit stats as damage or freeze chance and so on on the quiver. We’ve got stats in our shields and catalysts already so this concept should not be new.

Also with 2 items in the weapon slots you have 8 affixes instead if only 4 on a 2h. Don’t see why this would be a bad thing.

No offence taken ;).

Everything is fine with the implementation of bows but bows are most likely no 1 handed weapons. If they are no 1handed weapons they roll with 2 handed stats like more damage and higher prefix and affix rolls. If they got 4 more slots to fiddle arround with it’s unfair versus each and every 2 handed weapon ingame. This leaves us with options like making bows weak to compensate the quiver, make the quiver pretty much useless, make the bow slow af and quiver offer attack speed and not much else and so on and so forth.
IF they implement the bows as deadly as a bow should be an additional item slot for a quiver with craftable stats will be over the top. If they implement bows that shoot wet noodles they are at least funny. Sure there are plenty of ways to balance this through game mechanics and I’m pretty sure LE will do so but if they offer a quiver for a bow why do they not offer a buckler for every 2h weapon user who isn’t using a bow?

I simply don’t see a good way to make this fair for all BUT that’s my point of view right now. I can say more about this after the implementation of Bows but right now it seems like a problem to me. I’m sure EHG will come up with a solution but I’m a pessimist and see a lot of possible negative things that might come along with it… but that’s just me :D.

The best possible thing that could happen with quivers is that they add damage to rather weak bows and offer some kind of special ammo because there are shittons of different arrowheads but offering 4 slots more is a big thing and across the board you’ll loose some stats while not wearing a 2h weapon. I don’t know why bows shoul’d be treated differently.

They could also tweak the “added damage effectiveness” modifier for bow skills to take into account using a 2-handed bow + quiver. Or not allow flat damage affixes on quivers.

Then we can only hope that bow related skills don’t work like shield throw :D. It’s not only flat damage. Do you realy underestimate the potential 4 additional slots offer? I realy don’t get it why people neglegt the fact that this 4 slots are bad no matter what even if they only offer possible def rolls for it.

Yeah, 4 extra affix slots is nice, but 2 extra 50-60% damage rolls isn’t massive if you already have several hundred (if your “base” increased damage is 500% & then you stick on an extra 100%, that’s “only” increasing your damage by ~20%, less if you have more increased damage to start off with).

LOL In some games I’m happy about a 0.7% smg increase and you talk about ~20% damage like if it’s nothing. I’ll take 20% more dmg every time or more resists or another item that might benefit from Set affixes and so on and so forth.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.