Blessings roll range is to big

I try get the void resist blessing.
First of all it took me 11 kills to get it, then it rolled really bad 54%.
Its a big struggle even to get the right blessing, on top of a bad roll aswell it dosnt feel rewarding for all the hours spend to get it. Now I try get again and have made 7 runs so far without it show up again.
The difficulty in getting those blessings are not rewarded enough for getting them.
I dont think the roll range should be more than 65-75 on empowered monolith.
And tbh the content is not that great that you want to do the axact same things so many times without a decent reward for it.
The system is kinda great its just not in a good balance at all, with time spend and reward gained. I think i´ll burn out of the game before I even manage to get the right blessings. This is the second blessing I try to get and its allready tidious and boring as hell doing the same content over and over for no reward worth mention.
The big range is ok on normal monolith but should be lowered on empowered in my opinion.

You’ve been unlucky with that blessing seeing it only once in 18 runs. In my experience it’s pretty common. Have you pushed your corruption to 200 to get the extra blessing selection?

The usual RNG is RNG response is warranted here and while I understand your frustration I am also wondering if this essentially chase item needs to be easier to get.

Monoliths have as a reward, the bosses with their unique boss only drops and then on top of that you are offered blessings that can potentially open a whole affix slot or potentially more on your character build design. Sometimes a good blessing can negate a problem all at once taking a dead in the water build into something good. This is very powerful and I dont think it should be easy to get and definitely not easy to get a great roll.

I have run monoliths many more times than 11 to 1) get the blessing I wanted and 2) get the roll on the blessing that was an improvement on what I already had. I cannot recall but I must have run the crit avoidance and throwing leech blessings easily 20 times each to get them and the rolls I wanted and that was on a single character. Was it fun: not always. did it take a serious amount of grind: definitely. Was it worth it. Yes.

Are the ranges specifically too large? I dont think so. For me its the same as getting item drops with good rolls - you do or you dont, RNG is RNG.

The ability to gain stability and do monolith bosses without running earlier quests makes farming this not really that hard or timeconsuming (definitely not as bad as it used to be). As for the fun factor, monoliths could be more varied and inspiring so that the effort is rewarded on the way, but honestly as much as the grind is frustrating, I believe it needs to be.

Yeah some can be challenging to get for sure if luck doesn’t work out. They’re not all the same rarity though and I’m pretty sure the Void Res is a more common one. Might be wrong though. The rarity of blessings is pretty muddy.

Edit: Yeah its a common one. You can see here that the first blessing slot can only roll one of four blessings and that’s one of them, so it has a 25% chance instead of under 20 at under 200 corruption.

Yea some is just pain in the a… to get i try get the bow drop chance aswell, but I give up on it now, after 18 kills still not even seen it yet. I get they are powerfull but cmon bow drop chance…
I find this hole system boring as hell and not rewarding.
Try to calculate how many maps you do to get to the bosses to begin with, and count in how many fail runs you do. I really think its a tidious system.
The loot from the bosses is also not worth mention. I think this game spits in your face to a degree its not even fun. I also only play this until something better comes out.
And I can´t see myself play this game at release i´ll be burned out of doing the same maps and bosses so many times without getting reward for it.
The hole end game system is way to big and and require you to run 100´s of maps to chase a reward that might pop up, or might not. After 700 hours of play I almost can´t stand those monoliths anymore.

1 Like

From your response, I am wondering if a grind-for-loot game is actually something that you like playing. Reading between the lines I dont think it actually is and as much as I dont want to say it, I dont think LE might be the right game for you - even after they have expanded the monoliths & added other end-game content that they plan to do.

Sure we all get burnout in many games. I have played 2k hours now in LE and havent played more than 50hours in the last few months because I am waiting for the next updates (not multiplayer but all the other changes coming). I have played thousands of monolith echos farming for various items and yes, it does get boring on occassion, but its sort of part of this kind of game so I accept the grind as part of the package deal. Dungeons have added a nice respite from Monoliths and the devs have promised more so I dont feel like you do.

One thing is for sure, LE is nowhere near as bad as some asian grind-til-you-die games that I have lost years of my life to. Perhaps this gives me some perspective.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.